Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 09-23-2018 11:57 AM

No, not quilting right away and yes, I'm going to continue working on GTSB. But I need another project because I don't work on one project all the time. I might dig up an UFO :D :D :D Or start a new project......

Can't wait to see more Santa's!! I thought about the pieced blocks. What bothers me is the colors used. That's why the Santa's don't stand out. If the pieced blocks are toned down it would be really great. Like in gold/silver/white tones and just a hint of green and red. Or no green and red at all.

Teen 09-23-2018 12:52 PM

Yes, I agree...though, the picture of quilt is lousy...it is a really pretty quilt. ..I'm using neutral as background on the pieced blocks....then gold, red and green. There is no silver in this quilt. I didn't care for the dark backgrounds on pieced blocks but I like a bit on the Santa blocks. For the center block...I am appliquing a block design on neutral Shoofly block...... I'm undecided between: a Christmas tree design, poinsettia, or wreath. The tree won't be a densely green tree but subtle gradation of greens with red berries and a gold star. I think this is the forerunner so far but, we'll see. I haven't decided if I'll sash...or the border. I may do a simple holly leaf vine...not sure.. I've got plenty of time still..lol

Teen 09-23-2018 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the The Danish Julenisse.....Just 4 more to go...

buddy'smom 09-23-2018 06:16 PM

Wow beautiful, I love him, I also love Christmas.

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8131034)
Here is The Russian St Nicholas.... I really like this one... Slowly plugging along on these. Can only work on them in the evening...Not in a hurry but you'all know me....lol....get r' done! :D

Blue Bell 09-23-2018 06:23 PM

Teen, Another adorable Santa. Love him to pieces.

WANNABEE 09-23-2018 06:26 PM

I'm Jewish and I still love him.
Now a serious question I'm attempting to obtain fabric for a Girl Next Door. How the H@%& do you get a smidgen of fabric in the designs you need/want

Blue Bell 09-23-2018 06:39 PM

Wannabee, Sometimes stores will sell (fill the bag for a fee---$5.) Store that I was in yesterday has a small basket of scraps for free, I was able to get a 6 inch square, and 2 rectangles that I was able to cut into a 2 inch and 2 1/2 inch square. Great for my Civil War collection.

Teen 09-23-2018 06:46 PM

...aww...thank you everyone... He was fun...

Wannabee....I love that pattern and so glad you are going to make it. Smidgen of fabrics....it's why I collect Charm packs... Lol... And, in addition to what Blue Bell shared, guild quilt show bargain areas are great places to pick up small pieces of fabric. What do you still need? I'd be willing to send you some for your project of I have something you are looking for.....You can PM me...

Anael 09-23-2018 09:38 PM

:D :D Teen your Danish Julenisse is the cutest Santa I've ever seen!!!!!!!

I like the Christmas Tree idea. I know there's no silver in the quilt but you can introduce it, why not? Unless you don't like silver of course!

Wannabee, that's such a cute pattern!! I could send you some scraps too when you tell me what you need. I might have it.

Judith1005 09-24-2018 04:11 AM

omg, Teen, Your Danish Julenisse is so cute!! I really like your neutral background.

Wannabee, I could also send you scraps if I have something your looking for. Or even specific colors. Just depends on if I have what your looking for on hand. And, I'm here in FLorida also.