Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/merry-mayhem-new-year-day-mystery-t313298.html)

Teen 12-21-2020 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Leahquilts (Post 8445225)
Thanks Joe's mom! I think it will be fun and will probably donate it to the Sheriff's Office when done. Our guild makes quilts for the kids that have to be separated from their parents.

Your fabrics will make a perfect quilt for one of these sweethearts..

sewbizgirl 12-21-2020 09:51 PM

Leah, that is cute fabric! My granddaughter would love that kitties in fancy dresses fabric. Is it a current fabric, and if so, made by who?

Teen, your fabrics look great! What a fun quilt you will get.

JanieW 12-21-2020 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Leahquilts (Post 8445190)
I am hoping this works. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures yet so here goes...... I have never heard of this sew along until I joined here and looking forward to it! I'm going to try using my stash and since I make mainly scrappy quilts I don't usually have more than 1 yard of fabric. It was a bit of a challenge but I found this fun fabric.

I love your fabrics. So colourful and delightful but a word to the wise...the directions say that directional fabrics are not advised. I missed this clue last year and my hsts and outer border didn’t turn out well. You can still make Fabric A for outer border work if you wait to see . I hope it works out because that is the cutest fabric ever!

vadalia 12-22-2020 12:39 AM

I am hoping this works. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures yet so here goes...... I have never heard of this sew along until I joined here and looking forward to it! I'm going to try using my stash and since I make mainly scrappy quilts I don't usually have more than 1 yard of fabric. It was a bit of a challenge but I found this fun fabric.

Oh my goodness, those kitties are SO cute! Although as JanieW mentioned, the directional fabric may not work well for this pattern according to the lady who created it. I have a directional Fabric A as well & how I'm handling it is to wait to cut it until I know how it's going to be used. I already know I'll have to cut it a little bit funky for the borders to make sure it stays upright on all sides but we don't know yet what else (if anything) in the pattern we'll be using it for.

Leahquilts 12-22-2020 04:09 AM

Thank you Sewbizgirl! It is called BFFS by Carolyn Gavin.

Leahquilts 12-22-2020 04:11 AM

Thank you Janie! I was so caught up in finding fabric that was 1 1/2 yards, I completely missed that part. I really appreciate it and will look for something different. I'm sure there's a reason why she put that in there. Thanks again!

Leahquilts 12-22-2020 04:15 AM

Thank you vadalia for the suggestions! After reading what you and Janie had mentioned, I also thought about waiting to see how Fabric A is used in the rest of the quilt but the pattern also runs WOF instead of LOF so I'm going to pick something different. Thanks for your help!

Irishrose2 12-22-2020 10:08 AM

Leah, you can cut your borders WOF. I think I am going to because I like sewing with it better. The seams won't show in my print.

sewbizgirl 12-22-2020 12:08 PM

THank you for the name of the fabric line, Leah. Apparently it came out too long ago to find any now. https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wave.gif Sure is cute, tho!

Sharongn 12-22-2020 05:51 PM

Cute fabrics Leah! The little snails are darling!