Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Merry Mayhem's Mystery Quilt #146: Ups & Downs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/merry-mayhems-mystery-quilt-146-ups-downs-t316907.html)

judy363905 01-01-2022 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Making the crib size. Still deciding what layout to choose.

sewbizgirl 01-01-2022 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's tops are coming out beautifully! I love seeing how different they all are. Here is my top, before any borders:

vadalia 01-01-2022 09:38 PM

cjsews, really loving the alternate layout you've got going on there!

Blueridgebeverly, those flower fabrics are super cool cut & put together like that. Reminds me of like acrylic art pours!

judy363905, I like your fabrics, especially that one with the abstract looking shapes. I love that dynamic looking art style in the design.

sewbizgirl, very neat to see both the lights and the darks being scrappy!

I had to fight my cats today for every second I could get to sew undisturbed so I was only able to get half the blocks sewn. I consoled myself about my slow speed with knowledge if I were making a lap size (I 'm not :( ) I'd almost be finished. That and cuddling with the cats... which only encourages them to disturb me. A vicious cycle.

SusieQOH 01-02-2022 06:25 AM

Beverly- what wonderful fabrics. Kaffe?
CJ- looks awesome- kind of a Southwestern look.
SBG- you rock!! Love how it turned out.
vadalia- tell me about it! I've been a slave to cats my entire marriage :D

I'm still sewing the blocks then on to how I'll arrange them. I'm also doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery. I thought I would pass but I'm really enjoying this one.
I'm finding these sewalongs really fun.

Watson 01-02-2022 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the top, minus borders yet.
The purple batiks are all scraps.

Watson

judy363905 01-02-2022 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 8528463)
Here is the top, minus borders yet.
The purple batiks are all scraps.

Watson

wow. Looks so good 👍👍

cjsews 01-02-2022 11:34 AM

You can’t go wrong with purples. Looking good Watson

SusieQOH 01-02-2022 12:00 PM

Looks great, Watson.

Blueridgebeverly 01-02-2022 01:50 PM

Suzi, it is Kaffe. I pulled from a couple of Layer cakes I bought on sale. I love the richness of the color but find it intimidating to work with. I’m not sure I have a natural sense of color and print combinations. I’m choosing it more lately to get more comfortable.
Judy, your fabrics are so fun. I can’t wait to see what layout you decide to use.
Sewbizgirl, your top looks great. I love the way your scrappy lights look.
Watson, great layout. Did you add extra units to get this layout?

I ended up making 36 units and still trying to decide on the layout. I laid out in a couple of configurations and took photos. I’ll keep playing with it and also have to decide what to use as the borders.

This is my first delectable mountain. I like the versatility of the block. I googled and saw some really fun quilts.

SusieQOH 01-02-2022 02:26 PM

Beverly, I love Kaffe but am always stumped as to how to use them! I know exactly what you mean. I do love what you did with yours.