Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

Cuddly Quilter 11-25-2010 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I would love to help someone, however mitre's and FMQ are my two weaker links :wink: and I do not handquilt...
I do love to paper piece, as well as piece and applique :D:D:D

PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH PAPER PIECING. I have done it. What technique do you use?

Beginner10 11-25-2010 08:55 AM

Hi fellow Newbie...if you go to page 83 of this forum you will find alot of the acronyms. Stevendebbie25 did a wonderful job of listing them. Also look thru these pages and there is alot of info people have given us newbies. This board is great.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

MleS 11-25-2010 11:21 AM

Hi Mygramz,

Would love to hear of your new PP style.

Emily

mistycatbaby 11-26-2010 01:30 PM

I would love to be adopted. I used to do sewing and after a long hiatus and mild head injury I am back at it again. I have a Singer Rumina 3400 that is a real mystery to me.

khats 11-27-2010 09:08 AM

I'm new and would love a guiding hand.

Gullet 11-28-2010 11:37 AM

Who will adopt me?
I think I must start from scratch.

deb24 11-28-2010 08:55 PM

Hi
I am newbe and would love any guiding hands. I've been reading different quilting books, and magazines. I did complete a pillow oh about 30 or more years ago. I am looking for a new sewing machines and trying to figure out the cheeper one and best one to get. I also am trying to figure out all the items I need to get to start with. Where I start?? It almost seams to be over my head.

stevendebbie25 11-29-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by deb24
Hi
I am newbe and would love any guiding hands. I've been reading different quilting books, and magazines. I did complete a pillow oh about 30 or more years ago. I am looking for a new sewing machines and trying to figure out the cheeper one and best one to get. I also am trying to figure out all the items I need to get to start with. Where I start?? It almost seams to be over my head.

If you look back in the Newbie's messages...I've shared a LOT of tips from a National Quilt Teacher, including tools, machines, and techniques. I've also posted a lot of links on a message that help. And I posted the acranyms for internet or quilting..and I have to refer to these often myself.
I like that you've taken a big step to learn what you can.
And that your specific in your request. I hope this helps.
I'm sending you a PM also.

stevendebbie25 11-29-2010 09:29 AM

Saw this at Sister's Oregon ourdoor quilt show, wanted to share it.
FAT QUARTER BLESSING
"May your treasured
Fat Quarters
be colorfull, plentiful,
and everflowing;
May your
stitches in the ditch
be even and straight;
And may you always
be comforted
by the warmth
and joy of a homemade
Quilt"

rwardish 11-29-2010 10:06 AM

I need help! I am new and have a lot to learn. I have made a few things and 2 throws.