Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

patty04 03-04-2010 09:20 AM

I am up for adoption also!!!

BKinCO 03-04-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom

Originally Posted by BKinCO

Originally Posted by CasaManana
Hi everybody,
I'd love to help! brand new, relatively new, people 'in the middle' - If I don't have an answer to your question, I'll find the answer. As a note to 'QuiltingGrannie' - most of the time, I prefer to free motion with my feed dogs up. It's probably technically incorrect to do it that way, but I feel that I have much more control over what I'm doing with them up.
don't abandon the idea of fm just because you can't adjust the the feed dogs. Send me an email and we can discuss it further if you'd like.
Casa2Manana
(aka Vicky) :D

Vicky! Where are you in CO??? I'm in Grand Jct!

I am in Palmer Lake (by Monument) CO.

Haven't heard of Palmer Lake, but I have heard of Monument, so I'm glad you clarified :)

CasaManana 03-04-2010 09:27 AM

Hi UpNorth,
I've got to say, your son has excellent taste!!! I love that block too. good luck, if you have any questions, send me a pm and I'd be glad to help.
Casa2Manana
(aka Vicky) :D

texasannie 03-04-2010 09:31 AM

I am certainly up for adoption!! I did those 1/2 square triangles,and they are soooooo off..... I bought a prestamped tractor cross stitch quilt pack for my husband.....guess what these are stamped crooked, uneven, and I need help... and then more help!!! So somebody adopt dummie here please please please.

tkhooper 03-04-2010 09:39 AM

Don't forget to add links to your projects. We really would love to see the process no matter how error ridden. You can look at mine.

BoJo 03-04-2010 09:56 AM

My name is Lois. I live in eastern North Carolina. I would love to learn to pp. Would greatly appreciate any information, patterns, tips or other information. I am very new to quilting, let alone pp.

i have a Bernina 730 and software version 5. i am still learning to use the machine and its features.

Thank you for any help.

Jshep 03-04-2010 09:58 AM

I would love to be adopted. I have just started quilting. Don't know much about sewing. Please adopt me and get me started. I love learning new things and am open for any pattern. Have twin grandbabies (boy and girl) who are turning a year old March 21 and am expecting another set of twins in August from my son. Would be nice to make each a quilt.

CasaManana 03-04-2010 10:00 AM

hey BK
I'm about 4 miles from Conifer in the foothills. check your pm's - I sent you one a little while ago
Vicky

NannieB 03-04-2010 10:08 AM

I'm a newbie i would love to be adopted.

kimbee 03-04-2010 10:44 AM

that is a good idea pick me. :)