Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

alices 05-02-2011 07:03 AM

Love your dragonfly's!

rmccreary 05-05-2011 01:35 PM

I would love to be adopted. I work full time and have a two year old, so my motivation sometimes drops, despite all the projects I've started. Hopefully I could finish them if I had someone to check up on me and answer questions when I had problems. Thanks!

sabaker39 05-06-2011 06:17 AM

I have only been quilting for about 6 years. I made a quilt for my granddaughter who then came and asked me to help her learn to quilt. I believe she qualifies as a newbie. We are having so much fun together. We shop, sew, did the Treasure Valley shop hop. She is learning and so am I. I am so blessed. She has finished her first quilt and is starting on one for her mom-in-law.

alices 05-06-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by sabaker39
I have only been quilting for about 6 years. I made a quilt for my granddaughter who then came and asked me to help her learn to quilt. I believe she qualifies as a newbie. We are having so much fun together. We shop, sew, did the Treasure Valley shop hop. She is learning and so am I. I am so blessed. She has finished her first quilt and is starting on one for her mom-in-law.

How lucky for you, Yes you are truely blessed

mariatheresa 05-16-2011 11:10 AM

I need a mummy or a granny

trrmite 05-16-2011 11:27 AM

I am up for grab. My intersts include flower gardening and home decor. I love to sew. I started quilting by the seat of my pant after helping a lady clean out her garage. she gave me some blocks that her dead MIL had started. Well, I did not get her quilt finished, but it into a quilt for my #1 grand son. Am I stuck in the middle also?

Aimeesews 05-16-2011 11:47 PM

Im up for adoption !! Im very new to quilting ( though not to sewing ) and would love a mentor ! FMQ is what i will be doing on a domestic machine please pm me :-)

lynnie k 05-21-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

Thanks,
Kathi in PA

Hi cathy in Pa I am from Pa also Near danville Pa maybe we coul get together for a chat and share some knowledge.let me know. lynn

valve2921 06-04-2011 02:45 AM

I am new 2. Joined just this a week ago. SOMEBODY ADOPT ME PLEASE. Cant sew a straight line half the time.

trrmite 06-05-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by valve2921
I am new 2. Joined just this a week ago. SOMEBODY ADOPT ME PLEASE. Cant sew a straight line half the time.

Welcome . I always said I could not draw a straight line with a ruler, but with the help of suggestions from members I am on the road of recovery with my seams. In no time you will be smiling at your seams, I am sure you will love it here.