Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

lovelyl 08-20-2012 09:43 AM

Jenniky,
Your tutes are so fantastic! I was so excited to work along with you, but life decided to gang up on me the last 3 weeks! I only got as far as cutting my batting before I got too busy. Hopefully, after this week I will be able to go back through your tutes and get caught up. The pics everyone is showing are amazing! Hope to be able to post mine in a couple of weeks. If life calms down and leaves me alone for a while! :o

Boston1954 08-20-2012 12:34 PM

I got to work on my maple leaves a bit today. I now have 5 blocks quilted and the edge stitching in, plus I have squared them up. Only 7 to go and I can start the joining sashing step. The quilting is far from perfect, but I am looking at this as a learning experience. I am so happy that I found this tute.

charlottemarie 08-20-2012 12:46 PM

I'm just checking in with you guys. I am here and staying on top with reading the posts. Got a lot of blocks put together in the sandwich but I am working on my Boom8 groups so will be back with you soon. I also am working on a customers queen size blue jean quilt. Just tying it and getting ready to try some handquilting, but if that doesn't work out the tying will be nice and all I will have to do is bind it. Will be back with my blocks as soon as I can!

rwquilts 08-20-2012 02:07 PM

Jenniky, your quilt is looking great! How exciting to get it done and be sooo pretty? I have to swap out blocks and finish up a baby quilt and then I will be back at my QAYG project doing borders! Thanks for your hard work. :)

Jenniky 08-21-2012 06:05 AM

It's great to here from all of you checking in with your busy lives. Im still working on my binding experiment.. LOL (It's top secret) :D :D :D.

VickiM 08-21-2012 04:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished mine...YEA! Love it!!! I think this will be the way I put together my grandson's graduation T-shirt quilt...but because it will be an oversized queen I am going to use fleece for the backs of the squares, no batting (it will be too heavy), cotton for the sashing front & back. I hope it works, I only have till May to get it done. Here's the front & back of this one. I played with the outer border...wanted to have arrows on the corners, but forgot about the sashing. It still came out ok...from now on it will be just cornerstones! :) I wanted to bring some of the back to the front. Had to piece the binding...not enough left of anything to make it solid, but I like it. I used varigated thread for the quilting on the white squares & the areas in the outer border. Leaving for Wisconsin for a week for hubby's 50th school reunion, so will catch up when I get back. Thank you, again, Jenniky!

dublb 08-21-2012 05:00 PM

Oh Vicki, It's lovely! Great job!:thumbup:

Jenniky 08-21-2012 05:48 PM

Vicki That is beautiful. Woot Job well done. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

carriem 08-21-2012 05:51 PM

Vicki--I agree you did a great job. I can see the "arrows" even with a little sashing split. :) You'll have to let us know how the fleece works for backing.

SewExtremeSeams 08-21-2012 06:06 PM

It's beautiful Vicki. Thank you for sharing. I will also be interested to know about how the fleece works for you with QAYG.