Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

charlottemarie 08-22-2012 04:19 PM

Jenniky your quilt is beautiful. Love the white borders, really nice.

JeanieG 08-22-2012 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Jenniky and gang - here are the blocks from last years QB Star BOM. I finally got caught up on all my backlog of Pony Club Blocks, and the two BOM's that I'm in. This is a photo of my Star blocks. They are just stuck up on the display board, but I'm going to sandwich these babies and get started quilting them. I am so excited about getting these out of a drawer and into production.

SewExtremeSeams 08-22-2012 09:01 PM

Jenniky, your quilt turned out so beautiful. You should be very proud of it. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

SewExtremeSeams 08-22-2012 09:02 PM

Jeannie, I love your blocks, especially since I am partial to the blues you used.

JeanieG 08-22-2012 10:06 PM

A question for everyone. The Star Blocks was a BOM on the board here last year. I was checking the squareness of my blocks and they are really varying sizes, not by much, but around 1/4" maybe. I just downloaded the different patterns every month, and they all came from different sources. Should I make all the blocks the same size before I sandwich them, or just wait until after they are quilted? Or should I use a different set of blocks, that are closer in size. If I put a regular sashing on them, I think they could be eased onto the sashing and it would not matter, however, with Jenniky's QAYG method, I think they have to be exact sizes. Help!!

gardnergal970 08-23-2012 04:07 AM

I din't have an answer to your question, Jeanie, but I sure like your stars.

Jenniky 08-23-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5460947)
A question for everyone. The Star Blocks was a BOM on the board here last year. I was checking the squareness of my blocks and they are really varying sizes, not by much, but around 1/4" maybe. I just downloaded the different patterns every month, and they all came from different sources. Should I make all the blocks the same size before I sandwich them, or just wait until after they are quilted? Or should I use a different set of blocks, that are closer in size. If I put a regular sashing on them, I think they could be eased onto the sashing and it would not matter, however, with Jenniky's QAYG method, I think they have to be exact sizes. Help!!

I would suggest the sectional QAYG method. This way you can piece the top easing the squares onto the sashing and still reduce the bulk of material you are working with as you are quilting the project. Your stars are beautiful..I would not trim them at all if possible. :)

dublb 08-23-2012 06:14 AM

Jeanie - What if ya add sashin' first? Then QAYG??

Boston1954 08-23-2012 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few days ago my sister gave me some blocks she said that she lost interest in, would probably not finish. She thought I might make more Christmas bags with them. When I got home, I counted them. There were eleven. I made one more and I am going to surprise her at Christmas.

So what happened to my maple leaves? Oh, I’ll finish them later on. I want to play with these first. I got the quilting done in one day. (well, it was just straight lines). So far, I have one row of three blocks done. I’m really looking forward to getting this done so I can say I officially completed all the instructions.

Jenniky 08-23-2012 06:29 AM

Boston those squares look absolutely darling and fun. I can see why you want to switch up and work on them. :thumbup: