Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

JeanieG 09-04-2012 09:11 AM

Wow Jenniky, you just had a great weekend! All kinds of new things. Good for you, what fun!!!

charlottemarie 09-04-2012 09:40 AM

Jenniky, Don't be racing around in that new car! Lead feet cause big tickets!~ LOL We have missed you, good to see you back. I am quilting on my Boom 7 blocks and I am so excited. First though I have to do a quilt for a paying customer, and I am using QAYG. It has simplified my life, I can't thank you enough!!

Surfergirl 09-04-2012 01:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have 12 blocks together using the QAYG method, which I have really enjoyed learning. Thanks again, Jenniky!:o

VickiM 09-04-2012 04:40 PM

Surfergirl...great looking quilt!!! I like them all... Really can't wait to start my grandson's graduation T-shirt quilt using fleece on the back & no batting...but it will have to wait till Dec. Heading to N.C. in the a.m., will be there for 3 weeks; then have 6 craftshows the next 2 months. Things should slow down some after Xmas. Will hopefully have access to a computer so I can check in on more of the wondeerful quilts. And keep up with Jenniky...:)

Everose 09-04-2012 06:26 PM

Surfergirl, love the quilt. Colors really pop and the quilting - wow. I'm working on a "huge" quilt for daughter right now. Blocks are 16 1/2" and there are lots of them. Also working on a Christmas throw for me.

But at the moment I'm making salsa and my house smells so good I can't stand it. So will let it cool a little to "taste it" and then put it in jars. The garden is "producing" big time.

My father is still in hospital. He will have a procedure tomorrow where they take a scope down into his lung/lungs to see what it looks like and also take samples. Then they will determine if everything is okay. He's UPSET because he's still in the hospital and because we found out he is there. Life....

Patricia Faye 09-04-2012 07:17 PM

Surfergirl, your quilt is so pretty. Great job on your sashing.

Jenniky 09-05-2012 04:16 AM

JeanieG and Charlottemarie - Yes, I had an awesome weekend and I promise no lead feet here. :D
Surfergirl - What a wonderful job on your QAYG project. Are you planning to add borders or are you going to bind it as is.?
VickiM - Wow... sounds like you are going to be very very busy next four months. Make sure to take care of you and have a hot cup of herbal tea or glass of wine with your feet up and a fun quilting magazine along the way. :p
Everose - My best thoughts are with you and your Dad, hopefully he will be able to return home soon. Fresh Salsa sounds yummy; I'll be right over with a bag of Tostidos. :thumbup:

carriem 09-05-2012 04:40 AM

Surfergirl--what a pretty quilt! The quilting just finishes it off. A block at a time would be a great way for me to practice meandering...I'll have to keep that in mind for next time!

Jenniky 09-05-2012 09:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
*** Teaser***Here are the first few pictures as a teaser for the next QAYG tutorial. :D

Step #1 I made four quilt block sandwiches using the same spray basting method as before.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]360470[/ATTACH]

Step #2 I quilted the square and I also anchor stitched all the way around the blocks edges.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]360471[/ATTACH]

Step #3 Trimmed and squared up the blocks evenly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360472[/ATTACH]

There is your teaser... be back later with more. :D

rwquilts 09-05-2012 10:18 AM

Love your quilt Surfergirl!
Jenniky, hmmm...let me guess...you're doing a halloween quilt perhaps? LOL! To be continued... :)