Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Quilt Challenge! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/quilt-challenge-t2938.html)

Quilting Aggi 12-17-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
I am glad to see so many have kept up with this challenge.

I made so many scrap quilts this year that I had to replenish my neutrals stash! I was totally out of whites and off-whites!

It seems like no matter how many I make, the more scraps there are! Help!

As much as I would have loved to have completed my challenge quilt, I have to put in on the back burner.. with only one week til the big guy in the red suit arrives, I still have baking to do, another batch of my Christmas Jam, my Christmas tags to make, wrap the gifts, and some other little things, I'm not going to get to my scrap quilt til later.

I agree with you quiltmaker, there are always scraps to be used! I have big plans in the new year to play with these scraps.. not to mention getting back to what things I plan to make and sell next year. I am also in the process of doing my research in getting a business tax number for myself so I can start buying wholesale!!!

Chef_Beth 12-26-2008 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I came up with this with some large scraps I had for a Chrtistmas present for my hubby from Emma. She helped with the pulling the fuzzies off! I saw one similar in a quilt shop & bought the panel since I knew I had the scraps of the other flannels. I free-handed the inscriptions on the opposite corners.
For my smaller scraps I have several totes that I have darks, lights, holiday & flannel/fleece scraps organized in. I need more totes! But this really helps when searching!

For a neat site for some free downloadable patterns I came across this site today. Immediately downloaded & printed the Raggy Tumbling Blocks pattern!
www.freepatterns.com

Enjoy!

Top right piece says "Merry Chrtistmas Poppa". The lower left says "Love,Emma XOXO"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20195[/ATTACH]

mary quite contrary 12-26-2008 09:48 AM

This was great to go back through all of these pictures. You have all done a great job!!!

bj 12-26-2008 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quilt I made for my mil for Christmas using only stuff from my stash. Each heart block has the name of a family member...kids, grandkids, spouses and great grandkids. She was surprised. Well, that is small, but it's my challenge quilt.

Tootsie, Gene, and Stacy (their daughter) with the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56031[/ATTACH]

gcathie 12-26-2008 10:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Signature quilt ....made from scraps off Old field Road Quilt

Old Field Road
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20287[/ATTACH]

Tiffany 12-26-2008 03:27 PM

That sure turned out wonderful!
Piece ~ Tiffany

Chef_Beth 12-26-2008 03:31 PM

Wow! These are all so beautiful!!! What talent we have here!

sandpat 12-26-2008 03:42 PM

Those are really beautiful quilts! My my...aren't we talented with just scraps!

annmarie 02-18-2009 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have finally finished the scrap quilt I started in Oct. 07!! It was a BOM called Simply Scrappy Treasures from ClaudiasQuiltShoppe.com The last month was Oct. 2008 so I guess I'm not too far behind. I'm not sure this should be called a scrap quilt though as the blocks were quite big. The intent of this Challenge originally was to make a scrap quilt for charity so in keeping with that I will be donating my quilt to our local public radio station for their yearly auction.

Sharon M 02-18-2009 09:12 PM

I accept your challenge...heaven only knows I have material. Not sure what I will make, but this should be interesting. :lol: