Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Quilt Challenge! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/quilt-challenge-t2938.html)

katesnanna 09-02-2010 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm very proud of this scrap quilt as that is exactly what it is. I call it "Out of the Bag" because except for a couple of squares it all came from a friends "Scrap Bag". She handed me a bag of "scraps" as she knew I kept scraps for my Grandson's school. As soon as I looked in the bag I knew what I wanted to do with them. A lot of pieces had been cut (unevenly) but just needed trimming.
I spent the day doing that while we waited to hear if we had a long awaited Granddaughter. Well we got the adored Granddaughter, who turns 2 years old today, and I was very happy with the results I came up with for the quilt. I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.
The quilt is finished, although it did sit in a corner for a long time and only got a little quilting at a time between other projects. I can't find the photo of the finished quilt but have one of WIP.

JPG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109630[/ATTACH]

JPG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109631[/ATTACH]

katesnanna 09-02-2010 09:45 PM

I love what you have done here.

katesnanna 09-02-2010 09:58 PM

I love your quilt Izy. The brighter the better. Well done.

From page 12

laurac 09-03-2010 04:11 PM

it looks great. i can tell you are experienced and picking the right fabrics, colors and prints to put together.

kit'smamma 09-03-2010 05:11 PM

What a beauty. It has the look of a carefully arranged group of fabrics rather than scraps.

Jane

k9dancer 09-15-2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna
I'm very proud of this scrap quilt as that is exactly what it is. I call it "Out of the Bag" because except for a couple of squares it all came from a friends "Scrap Bag". She handed me a bag of "scraps" as she knew I kept scraps for my Grandson's school. As soon as I looked in the bag I knew what I wanted to do with them. A lot of pieces had been cut (unevenly) but just needed trimming.
..... I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.

What a nice job you made of it!

katesnanna 09-15-2010 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna
I spent the day doing that while we waited to hear if we had a long awaited Granddaughter. Well we got the adored Granddaughter, who turns 2 years old today, and I was very happy with the results I came up with for the quilt. I only had to use a fat quarter from my own stash and not even all of it. I used both front & back of that fabric.
The quilt is finished, although it did sit in a corner for a long time and only got a little quilting at a time between other projects. I can't find the photo of the finished quilt but have one of WIP.

Thank you to the" quilting sisters" who sent messages about my quilt

BettyB 09-17-2010 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by winterswisper
It is so nice to know other quilters have scrap baskets with contents that magically multiply! I think I could quilt indefinitely without using anything but scraps!! Of course that doesn't keep me from buying new fabric! :)

I agree with you, mine continue to grow. This is a picture of a table topper that I made today using some of my 5" squares saved from other projects. This pattern was on Eleanor Burns show this week

Short an Sweet 09-17-2010 07:37 PM

beautiful

Mary Hen 09-21-2010 10:32 AM

I love this idea. Have been saving my scraps and thinking I would do something with them, just couldn't see the waste of throwing them away. Glad I didn't because I got an Embroidery Machine a couple of months ago. And those scraps are coming in handy. But I haven't really had time to do a lot. Are you doing full size, lap or doll quilts? Or just what ever hits your fancy. I acquired some feed sacks at an Estate Sale a while back. Think I'm going to use those for Sunbonnet Sue Quilt though. Thanks also for the web site. Have a great quilting week.