Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Quilting contest- hearts hearts hearts –feb 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/quilting-contest-hearts-hearts-hearts-%96feb-2014-a-t239845.html)

Rhonda 01-28-2014 04:22 PM

Quilting contest- hearts hearts hearts –feb 2014

Welcome to our February quilting contest!

HEARTS ARE OUR THEME THIS MONTH!!
So you can make any small item(24" and under) you like as long as it has something to do with quilting. For example- Mugrugs/hotpads/wall hanging/ purse/ table topper/ coasters/placemats/doll quilt/ or any other item that is quilting and has hearts of some kind.

Who can enter~
Any member can enter
All skill levels are welcome

Entry~
ONE entry per person

Rules~
Anything goes!! Anything you can dream up is just fine.
Must be 24" or under to qualify.
Any shape / size(under 24")/technique is allowed

Deadlines~
Enter - by midnight central time Feb 20
Voting - Feb 22 to Feb 28
Patrice will announce the winner

Prizes~
First Prize - Assorted Quilt Items

Very Important~
Your entry - MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SHOWN ANYWHERE BEFORE!!!!!!!!

How To Enter~
Send your entry to:
[email protected]

You must include the following in your entry
1. Your board name
2. One pic of the front of your entry
3. One pic of the back of your entry
4. Two pics of any details (optional)

How To Vote~
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!

Must be cast by email to:
[email protected]

1. Subject line MUST be:
Quilt Contest - I Vote for #(Your vote here)

2.Board Name MUST be in the body of your email
------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE DO NOT~
1. Please do not post Votes on the thread.
They will not count and will have to be deleted.
2. Please do not post Votes by PM. -They will not count.

If you have questions contact Patricej or Rhonda by pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT!
check the copyright restrictions carefully on any commercial pattern you didn't publish yourself.
The QuiltingBoard will not assume any liability if an entrant violates restrictions.

Responsibility, accountability, and liability for any violations of copyright law will fall exclusively and entirely upon the entrant. We will also have no choice but to disqualify and delete any entries challenged by the rightful owner of the copyright.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

crocee 01-29-2014 05:29 PM

I'm going to try to enter something using my skill builder quest. I am cornfused about one of the rules though.
Your entry - MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SHOWN ANYWHERE BEFORE!!!!!!!! Does this mean shown by me personally as in online or as in a show? I've never shown anything in a show and only have 2 blocks uploaded anywhere.

madamekelly 01-29-2014 09:32 PM

I want to enter. Maybe this will inspire me to make a messenger bag that will also hold my tablet.

Rhonda 01-30-2014 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by crocee (Post 6542987)
I'm going to try to enter something using my skill builder quest. I am cornfused about one of the rules though.
Your entry - MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SHOWN ANYWHERE BEFORE!!!!!!!! Does this mean shown by me personally as in online or as in a show? I've never shown anything in a show and only have 2 blocks uploaded anywhere.

it just means it can't be posted online anywhere or shown to anyone who is going to vote. so don't show it to your friends til after the vote. If you are showing it to a guild and noone there is a member here then that's not a conflict and you can show it there. We just want to keep this anonymous so it is a fair vote. If you posted it on FB for example then others would know it was yours and be influenced when they vote. We want to vote on them by what they look like and what they deserve. I want to avoid anyone voting for friends instead of voting for the best one.

crocee 01-30-2014 12:28 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I am doing this as part of my skill builders quest.

ube quilting 01-30-2014 02:26 PM

Hi R, I'm in this time. Nice open concept with few restrictions. That's what I like!:D
peace

Rhonda 02-01-2014 10:10 AM

I'm looking forward to everyone's entries!!

SewExtremeSeams 02-01-2014 11:54 AM

Thanks Rhonda. I am going to try to make this deadline.

pollyjvan9 02-02-2014 06:05 AM

I'm in. I am still making valentines so I am up to my neck in hearts.

wvhill22 02-02-2014 08:34 AM

I think I will give it a go. I am making a heart wall hanging for Feb. :)