Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

ILoveToQuilt 01-05-2018 05:42 PM

Wow! Love everyone's blocks and tops! I have printed off the pattern and it is in my to-do pile now...so I am a "non-starter" at this point. I will use these colors: neutrals=off whites/creams brown=brown, corals=greens and aqua=orange (or maybe red...haven't decided). I should be able to make the quilt using only stash fabrics, although I will probably want to buy a brown/green/tan/? print for the setting triangles. Will need to assess when I have blocks completed.

DogHouseMom 01-05-2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy (Post 7977372)
Well if there are turtles, I must be a sloth. Was so looking forward to more or less keeping up, but had stomach bug second week of December, then getting all of the baking and cooking done for Christmas, left for DD's day after & came home day before New Year's sick with nasty cold. I'm poking away....

I know a lot of people do smaller sizes, is anyone considering larger? I'd prefer a queen size that will hang down over sides... Am actually considering doing MORE of pesky step 3 in lavender blue (or periwinkle, which is my aqua) to make an all around border. It would add 10" and bring that color out more.

Ditto on the sloth category. Still have about 100 geese and all of the shaded 4 patch units to make. Plus .... whatever else I need because ... ditto on wanting a generous Queen size for my guest room.

I am also going to need to take a break from the MQ (after I finish the last of the geese) to design and make two mini quilts for an event in March.

joe'smom 01-05-2018 08:30 PM

I've been cutting fabric for my potential neutral sashings and sewing my pairs of geese together today. I'm glad there are others with me in the back of the pack.

Kassaundra 01-05-2018 09:03 PM

There are people on the FB page that not only have the top together, they have it quilted and bound!!!!!! Now that is not me, I am back in the turtle pack.

Kassaundra 01-05-2018 09:07 PM

My favorite part is the design and puzzle solving, now that that is over and it is the tedious sewing, I have some fabric that keeps calling me like a Siren, so far I have held strong, but it is for two one block wonders that are different then any I've seen, but I know if I stop the mystery and start on one of those I will have another ufo on my hands, hopefully I'll keep staying strong.

audsgirl 01-05-2018 10:03 PM

Cool fabrics, Kristi! I have been enjoying all the fabulous variations and color schemes everyone has shown. There's so much creativity on this board. I'm afraid I'm quite poky. Today I finished Clue #4, although they haven't been trimmed yet. I'll try to get a photo of some of my units soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leslie

sewbizgirl 01-05-2018 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7977601)
There are people on the FB page that not only have the top together, they have it quilted and bound!!!!!! Now that is not me, I am back in the turtle pack.

:shock: There are some real maniacs over there.

rryder 01-06-2018 04:42 AM

Sloth here too, still dithering on how I want to put the remaining 40 blocks together. Meanwhile I got some quilting done on a couple of small UFOs- not that either got finished, but some progress anyway!

Kass- I really like the way your stars float in the dark background, great setting!

Amybible- that’s looking good! No help here on setting triangles, both look good to me.

Sewbiz- you did a great job picking colors- they really pop!

Rob

Jane Quilter 01-06-2018 06:21 AM

sewbizgirl, your emoji is hysterical!

KalamaQuilts 01-06-2018 06:28 AM

PeaceandJoy, I'm making mine bigger, I spent yesterday making cute little 9 patches :)