Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Sync 01-28-2018 11:34 AM

Krista, that looks great.

KalamaQuilts 01-28-2018 11:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
so many outstanding presentations, well done!

SherriB, in this weeks quilt cam bonnie said the download this year will contain everything she wrote for the mystery and be 20 pages long. Normally everything we got with the mystery is edited out and it becomes a standard pattern. I think this is a great idea.

My Ringo has left the building as usual, once I get something going on the working wall it takes on a mind of it's own.
this section is 66X66 I think, using all the same components as you. The rest of the components will be come a frame around a frame around a frame. Pretty muddy, my red white blue, but that is the attraction of the 1800 reproductions for me. I'll include my reverse side made from recycled shirts, waiting on the chair to learn how big it needs to grow :)

the yellow bits on the left is my 365 challenge coming together. I'm loving it! Although it doesn't look like the 365 quilt...

joe'smom 01-28-2018 03:16 PM

Krista, what a lovely design. I really like your use of the white borders.

Kalama, that is wonderful. The colors look rich and gorgeous, and I love the way you've positioned your geese. It's very dynamic.

auntjo 01-28-2018 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally have the inner top put together. Now on to the borders to make it a large queen size... Changed the sashing to brown instead of coral w/coral cornerstones and left the coral attached to the triangles in the setting triangles to complete the coral "boxes" ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587963[/ATTACH]

jmoore 01-28-2018 06:26 PM

Awesome job Krista...it looks wonderful.

Fraew 01-28-2018 06:27 PM

Love what you're doing Kalama!

joe'smom 01-28-2018 08:15 PM

auntjo, that looks so amazing! Have you decided what you'll do for borders?

zozee 01-28-2018 09:06 PM

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. You were married a long time, and what a gift that was. My heart goes out to you. I'm encouraged to hear that Jim had incredible experiences with God that you were made aware of. Truly it brings comfort to know that the homegoing is sweet for our loved ones who personally know Him.

quiltsRfun 01-28-2018 09:55 PM

Kalama, it's hard to believe those are the same units we've all been working with. Your layout is fantastic! BTW, I've always been partial to "muddy" colors.

pokeyscorner 01-29-2018 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7992310)
so many outstanding presentations, well done!

SherriB, in this weeks quilt cam bonnie said the download this year will contain everything she wrote for the mystery and be 20 pages long. Normally everything we got with the mystery is edited out and it becomes a standard pattern. I think this is a great idea.

My Ringo has left the building as usual, once I get something going on the working wall it takes on a mind of it's own.
this section is 66X66 I think, using all the same components as you. The rest of the components will be come a frame around a frame around a frame. Pretty muddy, my red white blue, but that is the attraction of the 1800 reproductions for me. I'll include my reverse side made from recycled shirts, waiting on the chair to learn how big it needs to grow :)

the yellow bits on the left is my 365 challenge coming together. I'm loving it! Although it doesn't look like the 365 quilt...

Kalama, I love your arrangement of your blocks. How was that done. I'm one of thos people who need to see how the sub blocks go into the big one. Beautiful shirting quilt arrangement also.:thumbup: