Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

KalamaQuilts 09-15-2018 12:29 PM

I'm looking forward! She has mentioned several times she has been working on it, so it is a go. I'm amazed each year that she goes to this much trouble...and how often people complain anyway :)

NZquilter 09-15-2018 12:37 PM

People will always complain, Kalama. As the saying goes, you can't please all the people of the time! I do love Bonnie's quilts and I use the On Ringo Lake on my queen size bed everyday. I'm just finding I have less and less time to sew complex quilts, now that the girls are getting older and I don't know if I can commit to another huge quilt right now, especially with the holidays around the corner.

happylab 09-15-2018 03:39 PM

I’m excited about this coming up mystery. Even thoug i’m Still working on the last 2. I plan to have them finished before this one starts. If nothing else I will print out the directions and work on it the next year.

laurilli 09-17-2018 01:34 PM

I just saw she is in Bath now maybe it will have some influence.

KalamaQuilts 10-05-2018 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8127337)
People will always complain, Kalama. As the saying goes, you can't please all the people of the time! I do love Bonnie's quilts and I use the On Ringo Lake on my queen size bed everyday. .

Eek! I wasn't speaking of anyone, just thinking that I always unsubscribe from her FB group during mystery because people seem to get so wound up on there. I really miss the yahoogroups days for projects.

meantime...I'm cleaning up projects, cutting table, sewing machine area...I love to have something to look forward to!

sewbizgirl 10-05-2018 05:51 PM

I went to a quilt show in Hattiesburg MS today. Great show! I found two beautiful On Ringo Lake quilts on display. One was primarily yellow! And it was beautiful. The other was orange and aqua, very much like Bonnie's.

jmoore 10-14-2018 04:47 PM

Whew...summer is over. Only thing left in my garden to harvest are beets and carrots so back indoors I go...directly to my sewing room. I pulled out my 50 ORL blocks and the chevron pieces this afternoon. I cut the 49 cornerstones and prepared the 18 aqua setting triangle pieces so I can attach the Part 4 pieces next.

I am joining a group for sewing on Friday so I plan to take my ORL pieces with me. It is actually a two day retreat but I am only able to sew one of the days...hopefully I can make great strides.

sewbizgirl 10-15-2018 05:53 AM

Good luck, jmoore. I know you can get it done before her new mystery comes out.

Speaking of that... does anyone know when that will be?

KalamaQuilts 10-15-2018 05:58 AM

Bonnie releases the fabric requirements in October, with the colors she chose for hers as a guideline.
The first clue is always released the Friday following the US holiday Thanksgiving.
I'm ready :)

sewbizgirl 10-15-2018 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8143413)
Bonnie releases the fabric requirements in October, with the colors she chose for hers as a guideline.
The first clue is always released the Friday following the US holiday Thanksgiving.
I'm ready :)

Thanks, Kalama... I thought it was soon.