Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

Kassaundra 11-22-2017 01:03 PM

Go to the main quiltville page under the main picture there is a highlighted area called "notifications" you can turn them off entirely or only see your friends posts that are in that group, or highlights. When you select it you are still in the group and can still go to the page and see everything and post but you won't get all the posts sent to your page.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7949087)
Thanks everyone for your comments on joining Bonnie's Facebook page. I was accepted and have been inundated with posts! I might regret joining. :eek:

joe'smom 11-22-2017 02:22 PM

Jane Quilter, I checked your photos in black and white. I would take away the first aqua (too light), and counting from the right, the third, fourth and fifth from the right read as dark as your browns, so I would be mindful of using them next to the brown. I think your first photo of corals is good, and in the second coral photo, the first could be moved to neutrals and the fifth removed, as the background is very light. I think the first, second and bottom fabric in your peachy neutrals photo could serve as neutrals. Your fabrics are beautiful!

givio 11-22-2017 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally I chose my fabrics today! I'm not making the full size quilt, so it's going to be a strange sewing schedule. I guess my clues will get done fast-- or they will be done slow because I'll be picking out what I don't like, re-sewing things differently, or something else. Probably the latter. I'm not keen on mystery quilts... But I've only made one, En Provence, so I thought I'd give it another go. I do like seeing people's pictures and the chat though! :-)

I've chosen some Connecting Threads sale fabric I got a year or more ago. I guess I'll see what happens with it! To confuse myself, the 'coral' is my neutral. The green is my coral, the neutrals are my brown, and to keep things happy the blue is my aqua. lol

Macybaby 11-22-2017 07:58 PM

Marcia- you did something very different with your blocks. On mine, the red is used in both blocks, but you swapped it out of dark purple in one of yours. In doing that, you don't have anything that ties the two together. However you'd need to have another purple block (4 blocks layed out) to really get a feel as it's how those four corners come together that give it the final look.

This is mine, notice that the red is in both blocks, not just one.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps8qu3xw1u.jpg

IceLeopard 11-22-2017 09:19 PM

Thanks to those showing alternate color pallettes! I just finished two tops in cream/turquoise/chocolate/gold, and I can't use coral -- all my quilts are lap quilts that go to the local VA hospital, and for most men, coral=pink. I really like Pagz's combo.

sewbizgirl 11-22-2017 10:24 PM

Beautiful Allietare quilt, Cathy!

NZquilter 11-23-2017 02:15 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

Charleen DiSante 11-23-2017 05:11 AM

I'm getting excited to see the first clue tomorrow (11/24) My stash is rich in corals, teals, and, thanks to last year's en Provence I realized just how many neutrals I have. that was my first MQ with Bonnie. Loved the details she included in her clues.
Happy Thanksgiving to the quilters in the US and others celebrating.

AlvaStitcher 11-23-2017 06:17 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. Or November 23 for those outside the U.S. Looking forward to the first clue tomorrow. Wonder how early it will be posted? LOL

tscweaves 11-23-2017 07:04 AM

This is my first BH mystery, so when does she generally post the clue? Will I have to wait all day:-)

Don't forget fresh rotary blades and sewing needles, I think they will be needed!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate:)