Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

joe'smom 06-29-2021 08:13 AM

Very interesting blocks, ckcowl!

WMUTeach 06-30-2021 03:15 PM

Rainbow 9-Patch finish for June

1 Attachment(s)
Ta-Da! I did it and finished one for June. Nick of time but done except for the label because who knows who it is going to? Now on to the next one that needs quilting and binding. I see June's sunset shinning over the hilltop That means July will rise in the morning.

retiredteacher09 06-30-2021 04:33 PM

WMUTeach: Congratulations on a wonderful finish! It will be well loved by the person/persons that are chosen to receive it.

I’m declaring July as UFO month! Never mind that I have planned to do UFOs other months too and it never happened. 🤷‍♀️ My bigger harp machine is acting up again but I hope a new bobbin case will solve the problem.

Teen 06-30-2021 06:29 PM

WMUTeach….your finish is outstanding!! I love it! So creative….

retiredteach…good luck with your July goal! My goal is to finish my WIP…just have the border to do…then I can get it and another quilt I just finished prepped for LA’er. Then I can start a new project and continue with Harriet’s Journey sampler.

I’ve been making small projects and working on an EPP quilt that I started for traveling project. Traveling is over for a bit so I’m working on it in the evenings.

WMUTeach 07-01-2021 04:35 PM

Trying to stay on the train with you Retiredteacher09. I did the machine sewing of a binding on a second quilt this afternoon. Just need to do hand sew it toward the back. I have three more quilts layered but don't want to plan too far ahead and then disappoint myself. But on the other hand.... this weekend is another Virtual Quilting Weekend, maybe..... We will see what I get done.

retiredteacher09 07-01-2021 05:13 PM

I ‘thought’ about my UFOs today. Does that count? Lol!

I was given a gift certificate to a craft store from my neighbors for helping with their dogs. Yesterday, I bought some art canvases that are 16” by 20” and hope they will work for the UFO that I’m turning into wall hangings vs making it a quilt. 🤷‍♀️ I feel that was some progress yesterday. My thought is to border or group some of the blocks together and attach them to the art canvases. Then I can hang them since the canvases are on board frames. Fingers crossed that this will work for some of the blocks.

oksewglad 07-02-2021 05:31 AM

WMUTeach...great placement of colored scraps!

Connie, one must think before they get at something, so thinking countshttps://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png and turning UFO's into wall hangings proves it! Please share when you get finished.

Me? I'm still in Tshirt land and trying to get ready for the tribe to arrive..should have 11 or 12 of the Grands in the same place for a few days in two weeks...getting out the inflatable beds!

WMUTeach 07-02-2021 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, everyone here is my next. [My June finish and this July finish just needed binding. I am not a wonder quilter.] Just put the last stitches on the binding and since it is RWB, what a perfect choice for this holiday weekend. This is my version of Debby Brown's Color Block quilt for...February. I had all of the 2.5s in my stash but had to by backing. Went for wide back and got two quilts out of it, June's finish and this one that has been hanging about since mid-February. (Post # 522) Done and done!

retiredteacher09 07-02-2021 04:35 PM

oksewglad: I’m glad thinking counts toward working on UFOs. Enjoy having the tribe. Good luck with getting the t-shirts finished.

retiredteacher09 07-02-2021 05:27 PM

WMUTeach: Very pretty RWB quilt. I am enjoying the Color Block quilts.

Today I took my art canvas pack down to my sewing area and ‘tested’ a big block on it from the UFO quilt that will be made into wallhangings. I think my idea may work. So I’m making progress. Lol! Now I need to finish the remaining appliqué blocks before I do anything else.