Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

WMUTeach 12-09-2021 05:44 PM

Dedemac, that is the perfect sentiment for your friend. He does have this one!

Rff1010 12-14-2021 12:38 PM

Made a decision to send some tops out to get them quilted rather than keep waiting "I'll get to it"

My piecing got ahead of myself. So 2 out and 2 tops done-waiting-for- basting.. I do machine binding so that's not a limiting step. Just the basting

Rff1010 12-30-2021 07:31 PM

I UFO'd something today. I had a great idea with some scraps that I made into stars and I was going to do some alternate 4 patch blocks. Well I laid it all out on my bed \ design board and it was a hot mess. I'm getting frustrated and I think it just needs a break before I set it on fire or throw it out the window.

Im doing some quilting on another project.

WMUTeach 12-31-2021 04:30 AM

Saw this thread pop up and found it interesting to see what items are off the list I created last January.

1.Green off set barn raising DONE!
2.brown ups and downs of 2020 DONE!
3.Pinwheels from 2000 something - Still a UFO
4. Farmers Wife started three years ago - Made progress, but still a UFO
5. one from Wedding Dress Blue - can't remember the name - DONE
6. Christmas Exchange block quilt from way too long ago - Oh So not done! UGLY quilt qualifier.
7 & 8 Two that are just made of scraps and that have no name.- DONE

Did OK this year. Now on to 2022!

petthefabric 12-31-2021 07:17 AM

WMUTeach; congratulations. You accomplished a lot. There was some reason it became a UFO. So there's overcoming to be done.
You deserve a reward: a glass of wine, manicure, massage, bouquet of baloons/flowers....

At the last VQW I started restarted a quilt. So I guess it was a UFO. I'd cut the 3 main blocks and pulled fabric. The shape of the blocks is a parrallelgram with 60 degree angles. I'm working on it to finish the top this VQW. When I think I'm near finished with UFO's another works its way to the surface.

retiredteacher09 12-31-2021 04:13 PM

Rff1010: Sometimes projects do need a time out.

WMUTeach: Congratulations on your finishes and progress.

petthefabric: Good luck with finishing your top.

My recap: 3 of the UFOs were added to the sandwich pile.; the applique pillow top is finished along with the applique tea towel; and the top of Trip Around the World found in a donation was completed and donated to my church group to finish. The last project has been sitting on a table waiting for me to applique the last couple of blocks.

So progress was made but I will start the year with 4 known UFOs.

Happy New Year!

NZquilter 12-31-2021 04:56 PM

I finished two quilts, finished three tops and started two more UFOs. My 2022 Goal: Finish 9 Quilts
In Pieces:
- Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
- Winding Ways
- Star Patch
- Sister's BOM
- Hunter's Star
- Double Wedding Ring table runner
- Grandmother's Fan
- Birthday Candy Baskets
- Scrappy Nine Patches and Stars
- Jewel Box

Basted/Half Quilted:
- Burgoyne Surrounded
- Sunbonnet Sue
- Teddy Baby Quilt
- Fall Wall hanging
- Duck wall hanging

Tops Ready to be Quilted:
- Riley Blake Sampler
- Sisters Choice
- Scrappy Log Cabin
- Summer Quilt
- Impressionist Wreaths
- Blue and Yellow BOOM 22 Sampler
- Four-Patch Square Dance

I have an embarrassing amount of started UFOs!

petthefabric 12-31-2021 04:57 PM

Made significant progress. 2/3 is sewn together. The last third is a mirror. Will be easy to cut the last few pieces and get them sewn.

Motorcyclemad 01-03-2022 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope everyone had a safe, blessed and glorious holiday <3

I got one final UFO done for the year 2021! :) I don't believe I have it listed on my initial list for this year. It is a "Field & Game" Embroidered squares quilt. If I remember correctly, it is around 6yo. It has been cut and kitted for at least 3 of those.

Again, I got the squares from a friend who embroiders to stay sane. The accent materials all came from stash, so it also counts for the Fabric Moratorium thread. :thumbup:

NZquilter 01-03-2022 09:14 AM

Is there going to be a UFO 2022 thread?