Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2011-a-t85770.html)

auntietedo58 01-17-2011 03:19 PM

I'm with you, this was alreadya a goal for this year and I started yesterday. This will be good motivation.

wildyard 01-17-2011 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am making real progress on my first UFO, remember all I had was the strips cut... check this out! I have to decide which star to use...... I'm taking votes. LOL

SandyinZ4 01-17-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I... check this out! I have to decide which star to use...... I'm taking votes. LOL

Definitely the second pic. The blocks on the corners just don't seem to go with the star in the first. Just MHO. :-)

Kathy1022 01-17-2011 04:52 PM

OK I'm in. I've just joined this site, but will love it if I get motivated to finish my stash of tops.

fireworkslover 01-17-2011 05:57 PM

I am making real progress on my first UFO, remember all I had was the strips cut... check this out! I have to decide which star to use...... I'm taking votes. LOL

What blocks will go in the corners with the second star?

wildyard 01-17-2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover

The same ones... unless I do some in blacks and whites, which is an option. My DGS wanted the blues and greens to go with the oranges but he would be happy with black and white too I think. Maybe lol....

tinliz 01-18-2011 04:38 AM

lauriejo 01-18-2011 04:50 AM

I think #2 for the star effect. With #1 I read it as diamonds.

fireworkslover 01-18-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover

The same ones... unless I do some in blacks and whites, which is an option. My DGS wanted the blues and greens to go with the oranges but he would be happy with black and white too I think. Maybe lol....

I think perhaps you should have black and white blocks in the corners of star #2 or else blocks that are all the same colors?

Alex J 01-18-2011 06:46 AM

I like 2nd pic.