Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2011-a-t85770.html)

tinliz 01-29-2011 01:06 PM

Love your colors. Very pretty quilt.

tinliz 01-29-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
Thank you to everyone for the push to finish these UFOs. Finished another one for January & with the encouragement here I pushed to meet the Jan.30th deadline!
This is a quilt for grandson (#8) who's 18mon. but I started it over a year ago & just got tired of it. The ladders on the firetrucks about ended any PP I ever wanted to try!

What a darling quilt. Lucky GS.

yolanda 01-29-2011 01:08 PM

wow....hmmm.... i have a couple UFO's .. ugh.. committment! yes, I will finish one by Feb 28th.. is that ok?

tinliz 01-29-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by CircleSquare
I actually finished another UFO this month! This baby quilt was sewn together about a year ago, but I finally got it quilted and got the binding on this past week! I was practicing my free-hand longarm quilting, and I like the way it turned out. The orange fabric is sateen, the backing is flannel.

Neat quilting. Great baby quilt.

Rose_P 01-29-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CircleSquare
..This baby quilt was sewn together about a year ago, but I finally got it quilted and got the binding on this past week! I was practicing my free-hand longarm quilting, and I like the way it turned out. ...

I love the way you did a different quilting design in each of the flower squares. Also love the colors. It's eye candy, for sure.

lauriejo 01-29-2011 01:49 PM

Ann those stars are brilliant, does the blue fabric have sparkles? It looks glittery. The baby quilt reminds me of orange sherbet! It looks delicious.

Mimi the fire trucks are adorable, you did a fantabulous job.

marknits 01-29-2011 02:25 PM

This is the 29th. My first UFO is a quilt top, I've had the blocks done and now I'm putting them together. I ran out of border fabric. I can't get more until tomorrow, so I should still get the top finished in January! Pretty close, but still there. I hand quilt, so I don't know if I can finish it for February or not.

J.M. 01-29-2011 03:11 PM

I finally found the energy to work some more on my UFO. I've got two blocks finished and the third one half done. I should be able to finish that one before the end of Januari. But it's far from the 12 blocks I'd planned. Ah well, progress is good :)

Lynnie25 01-29-2011 05:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 UFOs I have finished in January.

First one is a Jar Quilt, top pieced years ago and I finally quilted it a few days ago. My reason - I have to help 'decorate' the child care area at the Community House where I work and this will go on the wall :)

Second one is a Noah's Ark quilt I foundation pieced years ago when I first started FP. Not pieced together very well but I quilted it anyway and it will be put into my quilts to be donated to the children of our recent floods here in Aus.

Jar Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155083[/ATTACH]

Noah's Ark
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155182[/ATTACH]

QM 01-29-2011 06:17 PM

OH, lovely kid quilits!

Another reason for finishing up those UFOs is to keep yourself from accidently using one of the fabrics on something else. I'm usually pretty good about keeping the parts of a quilt together, but today I was working on a UFO from 2 years ago and found that I had used up my border fabric. UGH!