Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2011-a-t85770.html)

Dee G 11-08-2011 11:40 AM

Saduzy - love your cat quilt. So glad you finished it! Inspired me to get going on my UFO's.

Fraew 11-08-2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts (Post 4645985)
Quiltermomma- You are so brave to actually count your WIP. I'm too afraid, and I'm sure if I did I would be right up there with you. That's why I was so interested in if there would be a UFO challenge for 2012. I hoping to get one done a month for the next 30 years:D

Ditto to all! 17 WIP here.

I am in for a 2012 UFO challenge too...as we both plan for DJ in January 2012.

Sincerely,

A hopeless project starter. :)

NorBanaquilts 11-08-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 4653037)
Ditto to all! 17 WIP here.

I am in for a 2012 UFO challenge too...as we both plan for DJ in January 2012.

Sincerely,

A hopeless project starter. :)

My Dear Jane is one that I would love to get done. I've also started a Farmer's Wife quilt that I need to finish too. Plus so so many others, some only need a border to have the tops completed, so those will go quicker than DJ or FW.

One a month, One a month, One a month..I can do it!

Kate01 11-08-2011 04:00 PM

I'll give it a try, I have a bunch.

quiltinghere 11-08-2011 04:48 PM

Reply to this topic so I can join in also...2012 that is :)

Between now and then *I* should make a list of WIP and WDSD (wanna do some day) and Collections (or would those be considered WDSDs?

The completed items posted are Great! If I stop doing all the other things I do (cook, clean, work, volunteer, socialize, eat, sleep) I should be able to get some things done in 2012.

***HIGHMTN I love the quote in your signature line:
"It's a *fine line* between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"~ :p Dave Barry

ROFL - My name is Quiltinghere and I need to get Quilting!

NorBanaquilts 11-10-2011 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]285733[/ATTACH]One down, so many more to go...

mimiknoxtaylor 11-10-2011 04:41 AM

Norabanaquilts, Really cute.

QuilterMomma 11-10-2011 04:51 AM

Congratulations on completing one. It feels so good doesn't it.

darlenedowns 11-10-2011 05:15 AM

OK that's a great Ideal but where to start like which one do I really pick its so overwhelming Help I need somebody's Help!!!!!!

QuilterMomma 11-10-2011 09:06 AM

So this is what I am doing to figure out where to start. I am almost done with a small DQ that I started approximately 10 years ago. I just needed a DQ to do and this one fit. Did most of it in a lunch hour. All cut up and no where to go.

My first thought on getting started is to have a desitnation with a time frame on it for a WIP.
Second thought to getting started is to close my eyes and just grab one.
Third thought to getting started is to grab one that is closest to being done. I lean more towards this one because I do have several that just need to be assembled and sewn together. Also, I have five that need bindings so these will be on the top of the list because they are so close to being done, then the quilting of others and binding to complete them, then assembling blocks all ready done and put into setting and so forth, then I will take the ones that have the blocks half finished, then the ones that are cut up needing assembly, then the last of them that are set up with fabric and pattern and at the beginning of a project. Yes, I have these because I bought the fabric a few years ago just for that pattern I loved, but you know the story. This seems to me to be the best way to tackle things because I am a person who lives to finish things but apparently am having trouble doing so with quilting. Always a pretty quilt out there. Wow, does that sound like something......... Oh my me.

Hope this helps for a way to tackle these wonderful quilts that are just waiting to keep us warm and happy.