Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2011-a-t85770.html)

CircleSquare 11-12-2011 03:50 AM

Well, I just discovered this thread!! I'm in for 2012, if not for the remainder of this year. I have a longarm business with 11 customer quilts waiting for Christmas, but that doesn't stop me from starting new projects and then tossing them in the closet! Booo! The problem is deciding WHICH UFO to work on first!! How do you decide?? Maybe the one you like the best? Or the one that can be finished the fastest?
Ann

Short an Sweet 11-12-2011 05:15 AM

I like the "fastest " idea, It's quicker to feel like youve gotten something accomplished lol

Originally Posted by CircleSquare (Post 4669147)
Well, I just discovered this thread!! I'm in for 2012, if not for the remainder of this year. I have a longarm business with 11 customer quilts waiting for Christmas, but that doesn't stop me from starting new projects and then tossing them in the closet! Booo! The problem is deciding WHICH UFO to work on first!! How do you decide?? Maybe the one you like the best? Or the one that can be finished the fastest?
Ann

Ginny B 11-12-2011 06:09 AM

I'm with you Veronica. The one I can finish the fastest would be what would get me motivated to move onto another UFO.

sunflower1944 11-12-2011 06:31 AM

I want to join in the fun. I have some Christmas stuff to take care of but in January will start on my UFO's.

batik queen 11-12-2011 06:34 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it will give us a little extra incentive to get busy.

karen924 11-12-2011 02:03 PM

I'm in, I can't even count all my UFO's. Top of the list: my niece's cupcake quilt.

nellybelle 11-12-2011 04:47 PM

the second one, the first one doesn't make any sense to me. but when I looked at the second one I thought "oh, yes".

Short an Sweet 11-12-2011 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
K, these are owl ornaments I cut out last November (2010). I have finished 14 of them now and will finish sewing up the last 6 tomorrow and that will be 1 UFO done!!!!! hmmm or would that be 20 UFO's done??? hmm that does sound better that way lol

Highmtn 11-13-2011 07:56 AM

LOL.. LOVE the flock of owls! VERY CUTE!

NorBanaquilts 11-13-2011 09:22 AM

How many was that again????

Against my better judgement I have spent the morning going through my UFO's and I'm ashamed at myself! Here's the breakdown:
4 projects that need the binding only
5 that are totally ready to be quilted (I need to order batting)
5 tops are done backing picked out, but backing needs to be pieced
7 tops that are done and backing needs to be selected from stash or purchased
17 quilts that the blocks are all completed, tops in various stages of completion
28 quilts that the blocks are started, but more blocks are needed
11 Patterns with no/some fabric to go with them
33 quilt "kits" not started but all the materials have been purchased
23 collections of fabric/pre-cuts that need to be matched up with a pattern

Grand Total 133! Dare I wonder if I missed any?

So my promise to myself for 2012 is to see how many of this I can complete and I also want to put my self on a purchasing freeze and only purchase items that I REALLY, TRULLY NEED to finished all of the projects I have started.