Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Fraew 12-16-2011 11:32 AM

I am in with 17 UFOs (only 2 of the 17 count as WIPs). My challenge is that I have a UFO starter (an Accuquilt studio)that I absolutely love. Trying to finish a WIP by 12/31 to start the new year with only 16! That would make 2 UFOs completed this year and 1 UFO started this year. Doing the math that's only 1 net completion for the year! :shock: Time for a change in game plan.

annesthreads 12-16-2011 12:31 PM

I've finished one! See the 2011 thread for a picture. So that's one less for next year. I'm now going to gather all my ufos together, count up, and put all but one out of sight in crates under the bed - having them all piled up in my sewing room isn't helping me to focus.

annesthreads 12-16-2011 01:35 PM

..and the total is 15 ufos plus 5 projects not started. A lot of them are finished tops that I've never quilted because I've had such fights with my machine when I've tried to quilt that I got disheartened. I guess it's back into battle...

nhweaver 12-16-2011 01:53 PM

Well, I went through some of my old totes and came up with a total of 14 UFO's, one is a WIP, the rows are ready to be sewn together, but I am counting this one as I am losing interest in the project. There are 3 hand pieced and quilted, one of them is a whole cloth queen size quilt, so I will work on that one at least once a week. I am psyched, this thread will help motivate me. Here's to the finished product!!!

How about we post a picture as we finished the UFO's?

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 4780060)
I am up for the UFO 2012. Do we sign up somewhere. I think I have 10 UFOs, 3 of them are hand pieced and quilted, so they will take much longer.

jme 12-16-2011 03:50 PM

I'm in again. I didn't get very far last year but I am tired of all the clutter! I'm not sure how many I have but I have enough to be here that's for sure. Wish me luck!

nhweaver 12-16-2011 03:59 PM

OMG, now I know why my "little" paper piece wall hanging is a UFO. All those little bitty paper pieces to remove, ugh!! I will finish it, I will finish it, I will finish it after I have a large glass of wine. Maybe 2 glasses of wine. Are there any hints to remove itsy bitsy paper pieces? Please????

VickiM 12-16-2011 07:28 PM

I think I'll try to do this...don't know how many I have, but it's plenty! Gotta finish with Xmas, then will start gathering while also trying to clean up the mess in the room from the year...

Holiday Island 12-17-2011 04:29 AM

Maybe this is what I need to get me going....will give this project a whirl!!!

Short an Sweet 12-17-2011 07:15 AM

I have a question, I have 10 sets of 4 placemats started last Christmas, would that count as 1 UFO (placemats), 10 UFO's (10 sets) or 40 UFO's (individual), either way, my nieces Cross lap blanket is first on my list and then the placemats

dragonfly south 12-17-2011 07:36 AM

I think South Carolina needs to be represented...so, Count me in. And no, I'm not going to "list" all mine. It would take tooooooo long, however, sounds like a wonderful and fun way to start the new year.