Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

SandyinZ4 12-17-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 4787206)
OMG, now I know why my "little" paper piece wall hanging is a UFO. All those little bitty paper pieces to remove, ugh!! I will finish it, I will finish it, I will finish it after I have a large glass of wine. Maybe 2 glasses of wine. Are there any hints to remove itsy bitsy paper pieces? Please????

Do you happen to have a nutpick? Those little skinny things that came with a nutcracker set. I have one that I use to rub down the stitched line where the stitches are to crease the paper more (with the back smooth curved side of pick) and then use the tip to kind of pry the paper up. I also use the nutpick to guide fabric up to my needle to save my finger from getting sewn, too. Hope that helps but the wine may not hurt either.

Rose L 12-17-2011 01:51 PM

Glad to see there is now an official thread for this. I'M IN!! I'm really good about piecing tops but I get bogged down in the quilting either because hand quilting takes forever or because I'm still fairly new at doing them on the long arm (1 year veteran). So most of my quilts need the quilting and bindings finished. I am going to have to start one new project for a swap and there will be another new grand child to make a baby quilt for but other than those I think I'll be able to just concentrate on the UFO's. Can't wait to get started!

pippi65 12-17-2011 10:31 PM

Do we have to sign up for this?

J.M. 12-18-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by pippi65 (Post 4790644)
Do we have to sign up for this?

Nope, just join in the conversation :D

Narda H. 12-18-2011 07:00 AM

I'm in ! I have a 3 or maybe 4 year old applique Christmas quilt that I have been hand quilting. It's the hand quilting that gets me. Not so quick or enthused about it. But after finding this UFO inspiration, IM DOING IT !!!!!

dublb 12-18-2011 12:36 PM

I'm in! I've got 9 or 10 or more. I also joined the FWSPC so I'm going to be busy, but this thread might help me to not get so wrapped up in the FWSPC that I don't finish any UFOS. I have a tendency to get bored in the middle of each quilt that I do.

hinzee 12-18-2011 12:59 PM

I would like to do this. How do I sign up?

J.M. 12-19-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by hinzee (Post 4792127)
I would like to do this. How do I sign up?

No signing up required. Just join in the conversation and let us know how the progress on your UFOs goes.

brushandthimble 12-19-2011 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by gaga grandma (Post 4784448)
Hello Everyone,
I was reading all the post about the UFO challenge. I am in but was wondering if we all could have a UFO partner that would remind us about our challenge and email us to hang in there. The end will be great. And maybe more room to buy new fabric. I guess a one on one or two on one would help me. I guess I would have to answer to them. I hope you understand what I mean!
Deb

I like the idea of a partner to keep the motivation going so to speak. Maybe we could do this amoung ourselves?

I have 2 I will be working on soon,
1. skull quilt for my son, started a # of years ago to be a tree skirt LOL, now he wants it as a queen size, already bought the extra fabric (on black Fri on sale)
2. log cabin wreath, wallhanging, top done and binding made, need to load and quilt.

think I will go make an excel list to keep me on track LOL

QuilterMomma 12-19-2011 08:22 AM

I pulled out a project that is a UFO and I have all the blocks sewn into pinwheels, a red and white quilt. Not to set them into a pattern and get it sewed up. Want to finish it this week so can give as a gift to boss' wife who is very ill and in a lot of pain. Want it to be a healing quilt. she could use some extra love. Pray I get it done.