Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

wildyard 05-03-2012 06:50 PM

So my must do list for May is: Finish UFO wedding Calendar Quilt, finish new project comfort Beach Quilt, finish UFO pink ribbon quilt; Hope to do's: finish Seasonal Greens quilt;(pray for miracle) finish plaid wonky squares quilt.

dublb 05-03-2012 06:54 PM

Gasp! Those are divine! Great job! Ring the bells, & sing the songs!

Fraew 05-03-2012 06:55 PM

Nicely done VickiM!

ranger 05-04-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 5191903)
These are recent UFO's...Moosequilts Fat Quarter Stars Q.A. started 8/11 & blocks finished 3/12--went ahead & got them quilted & bound so they didn't become old UFO's. I put them both together differently. The tonal (birds) one is 56"x64". I only used 9 of the 12 blocks for the batik quilt & because of the way I put it together it turned out to measure 60"x60". The other 3 blocks I used to make the tablerunner. I'm slowly but surely plugging away at UFO's on my list of about 30 I hoped to get done this year. I have more in a couple bins, but they will probably be on next year's list! :)

Congrats on the finishes.
All three are beautiful.
I like the way you framed the stars in the 2nd one and the wall hanging.
I think that border blue that you used in the 2nd. one really adds to the quilt.
My favorite is the wall hanging .....love it.

BarbEllen 05-04-2012 06:29 AM

Yes, Sandy, it's fusible applique. The ric rac on the Easter egg is that giant stuff.

BarbEllen 05-04-2012 06:31 AM

Vicki these are stunning. I love the brights against the white.

QuilterMomma 05-04-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5191999)
So my must do list for May is: Finish UFO wedding Calendar Quilt, finish new project comfort Beach Quilt, finish UFO pink ribbon quilt; Hope to do's: finish Seasonal Greens quilt;(pray for miracle) finish plaid wonky squares quilt.

Those sound like interesting UFOs, would love to see them. What is a wedding calendar quilt anyway? There is a wuilt to keep as a calendar for yourwedding. That has to be interesting for sure.

wildyard 05-04-2012 08:23 AM

LOL, my wedding calendar quilt is actually a calendar quilt I am making as a wedding gift. Nothing so unusual or interesting. Just a square to represent each month. But the wedding IS THIS MONTH, so I gotta get it done. LOL

luckydenny 05-05-2012 03:48 AM

Thanks for this challange. It has been offered in my guild but I have never participated. I have finally moved my sewing room to a much bigger one and have all my UFO's in one area I am amazed at all the projects I have not finished. There are too many to count. So i am in.

Annaquilts 05-05-2012 07:31 AM

I really like this little quilt. Is that polly batting? I am starting to fall in love with polly batting all over again. Very nice!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5171703)
love sthe solar system and pinwheel quilt. those turned out so nice. makes us wonder why we did not finish them right?

Well here is number 7 for my 10 to be done. If my hand surgery does not heal by this weekend, may only get in 8. I have one on the longarm that I can do. Doc said I could. I think he thought I was crazy because I asked how soon I could sew. This one is left overs that got put into a kit that daughter counted as a ufo. I did not have to use a ruler for the border, just used Pam Clarke's templates with pounce pad. Then did a swirvy in the ditch to add punch to it. Loved the puffyness of it so did nto quilt heavy. For a baby.