Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Quilt Contest!!  - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! >

QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Can we enter if we've already posted a picture of the quilt in progress here on the Quilting Board?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JenelTX
Can we enter if we've already posted a picture of the quilt in progress here on the Quilting Board?
No. It has to be something noone has seen so the voting is completely fair. NO bias from seeing it elsewhere.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by sandpat
OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?
I thought about doing this one and then waiting a bit before posting another one. So what would everyone prefer? Another one when this one is done and you would be able to think ahead to entering one in the second one or the third one or just wait awhile and post a second one with a longer construction time? If we did the longer time frame I could do one twice a year. But that might not work either as people will be working on Christmas the second half of the year. We will see.

Right now I just want to get through this one and see how it goes. But I don't mind thinking ahead.
I think your idea is wonderful with the interest of the themes, size/dimensions, holidays and categories; plus giving everyone ample time to plan/decide, gear up & enter the contest. It's a perfect plan from reading your comment.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cctx.
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by sandpat
OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?
I thought about doing this one and then waiting a bit before posting another one. So what would everyone prefer? Another one when this one is done and you would be able to think ahead to entering one in the second one or the third one or just wait awhile and post a second one with a longer construction time? If we did the longer time frame I could do one twice a year. But that might not work either as people will be working on Christmas the second half of the year. We will see.

Right now I just want to get through this one and see how it goes. But I don't mind thinking ahead.
I think your idea is wonderful with the interest of the themes, size/dimensions, holidays and categories; plus giving everyone ample time to plan/decide, gear up & enter the contest. It's a perfect plan from reading your comment.
Thanks. I learn by trial and error so all the feedback surely helps.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm in. It's the motivation I need right now!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by momski
I'm in. It's the motivation I need right now!
Great I hope you win!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Is everyone working hard to get a lap quilt ready to show in the contest? I hope we get a few to see!!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

There is no way I can get one ready for this one Rhonda, but I'm sure looking forward to voting!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 AM

Where can one find the entries to view?
K
Old 06-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ScubaK
Where can one find the entries to view?
K
The entry date deadline is July 15 so everyone who is entering one is making them now. So none have been posted yet. When they are sent to Patrice she will then post the pics in a thread.