Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Quilt Contest!!  - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! >

QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Eight!!!!

:-)
Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

She must have made it!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
She must have made it!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Doing a Happy Dance!!! Eight is GREAT! It will get us started and give everyone a feel for how the contest works so next time we can have a lot more players!!

THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has entered a quilt!!!!!

We still have a few more hours before the deadline if anyone is about done and ready to enter!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LAB55
Beautiful avatar Rhonda !! :thumbup:
Thanks! It was a hotpad I did and sold to the gift shop I use to sell to. It was 8" finished.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Thanks! It was a hotpad I did and sold to the gift shop I use to sell to. It was 8" finished.
You must do the minis.
I don't think I could do them that small, even by hand piecing. LOL

I have a quilt in the planning for the next one. Need to get it together soon, I am a hand quilter only. LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

You must do the minis.

I have a quilt in the planning for the next one. Need to get it together soon, I am a hand quilter only. LOL
Yes I am a miniaturist. I dont' make the big quilts. I have made 4 large quilts but one top was never backed or quilted. I prefer the minis. They give me alot of variety and they sell well.

Hand quilting fascinates me but I could never get the hang of it. I want to stitch as I would for a satin embroidery stitch. I hand stitched seams that way for years and it is a habit to sew that way. Being able to rock a needle to do that many stitches is something I find hard to do. I hate thimbles for one thing. I used to use the side of one finger for a thimble. It is still thick skin there even tho I dont' do it anymore. I have no problem taking my blood sugar because I don't feel the prick in that finger all that much due to my former sewing habits! LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 PM

You must do the minis.

Yes I am a miniaturist. I dont' make the big quilts. I have made 4 large quilts but one top was never backed or quilted. I prefer the minis. They give me alot of variety and they sell well.

Hand quilting fascinates me but I could never get the hang of it. I want to stitch as I would for a satin embroidery stitch. I hand stitched seams that way for years and it is a habit to sew that way. Being able to rock a needle to do that many stitches is something I find hard to do. I hate thimbles for one thing. I used to use the side of one finger for a thimble. It is still thick skin there even tho I dont' do it anymore. I have no problem taking my blood sugar because I don't feel the prick in that finger all that much due to my former sewing habits! LOL

I don't use a thimble, never did, but am trying to learn to use one. My quilt stitches are not tiny,but they are small enough. I am happy with them.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 PM

How and where do we actually enter?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
How and where do we actually enter?
You have until midnight tomarrow night- July 15th to enter

This is in the explanation at the beginning of this thread

1. One entry per member
2. Your entry must not have been shown online anywhere before entering it here. No other forums or sites or picture storage sites. Nor on any PDAs or threads online.
3. All entries must be kept anonymous. To be fair please don't share which entry is yours til after the winner has been announced.
--- If a quilt's maker becomes known before voting is ended it will be disqualified

To enter, send the following by email to [email protected]
-Your board name
-One clear photo that shows the whole front.
-One clear photo that shows the whole back.
-Four clear closeup photos that show the details you want highlighted from different sections of the front. (four different sections)
-if you didn't design it yourself, please give credit to the designer and tell us the pattern name.
-if somebody else did the quilting for you, please giver her/him credit as well.