Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Blackberry disaster >
  • Blackberry disaster

• Blackberry disaster

Old 09-07-2022, 11:40 AM

Oh dear!!! I had to laugh, but what a mess that must have been.

When a taught school a student got some fruit drink all over her new sweater. She was very upset and said that her mother would "kill" her. I didn't know what to do, but he secretary in the office did! That's how I found out that boiling water takes out fruit stains. I guess you couldn't use boiling water on your ceiling, but I was thinking that if I had this problem, I'd get one of those steamers like some irons have, and try that. My hot water is so hot that it works for me too.
    Old 09-07-2022, 12:44 PM
    Power Poster

This is not funny, this is not funny.... Oh my gosh! In the hindsight it sounds like something Lucy would have happen to her. You know, I love Lucy? I can just imagine the food everywhere and you with juice on you head to toe.
    I have had blenders and pressure cookers try and kill me by plummeting me with food too. I can so relate.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-07-2022 at 12:46 PM.
    Old 09-08-2022, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    This is not funny, this is not funny.... Oh my gosh! In the hindsight it sounds like something Lucy would have happen to her. You know, I love Lucy? I can just imagine the food everywhere and you with juice on you head to toe.
    I have had blenders and pressure cookers try and kill me by plummeting me with food too. I can so relate.
    I never thought of Lucy! Looking back it is amusing. At the time, not so much!
    Old 09-08-2022, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by pennyhal2
    Oh dear!!! I had to laugh, but what a mess that must have been.

When a taught school a student got some fruit drink all over her new sweater. She was very upset and said that her mother would "kill" her. I didn't know what to do, but he secretary in the office did! That's how I found out that boiling water takes out fruit stains. I guess you couldn't use boiling water on your ceiling, but I was thinking that if I had this problem, I'd get one of those steamers like some irons have, and try that. My hot water is so hot that it works for me too.
    Luckily I had painted the ceiling. I had used good quality paint that was made for bathrooms so it resisted stains and with a bit of bleach spay it is as good as new. The wall was gray, so it came right off of that.