Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brownies made from Duncan Hines cake mix.

I use to make brownies from Duncan Hines cake mix. I think it was the butter recipe one. Now I can't remember how to make it. THe recipe was on the box for years & I guess I never saved one. I think it was 2 eggs & 1 stick of melted butter , cup of chocolate chips & 1 to 2 cups of minature marshmallows. Bake. Well I just made some & I used the regular mix & to me they don't taste good. Anybody remember.

Blog Entries
    sounds good, will surf and see if I can find the recipe for us

is this the recipe???

http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/b...rom-a-cake-mix

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I use a can of pumpkin and the cake mix only. Mix well. Bake. Great diet food :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I use a can of pumpkin and the cake mix only. Mix well. Bake. Great diet food :)
    OH, got to try this. What size pumpkin can?

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    OH, got to try this. What size pumpkin can?
    the regular size of Libby's pumpkin not mix. Maybe 16 oz- not sure of the amount. Sorry. You can also mix one can of diet soda (we like diet cherry coke) and a box of cake mix (the lower sugar chocolate one) and 1/4 cup egg whites (not necessary but it helps hold the cake together) bake 350 in 9X13 pan for around 30 minutes! Very good and easy.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    another great idea- a can of pumpkin and spice cake mix only. bake in muffin tins or cupcake cups. My husband wants these every morning!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the recipes and great ideas :D:D:D

yummy!

Blog Entries
    I have never used the cake mix for brownies - sounds like it would be good. Have you tried the website? They do have a great recipe on the dark chocolate fudge cake mix for making chocolate chocolate chip cookies and they are the bomb!!! Good luck - hope you find your recipe!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I wish I didn't read this post. Now I want a whole bunch of cake and cupcakes !! :D:D

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I'm still thinking of pancakes from a post this morning!

yum!

Yummy!

Power Poster
    I vowed not to make anything till I lost at leat 5 lbs. Haven't lost anything.

Blog Entries
    is this the recipe?

http://ww.duncanhines.com/recipes/ca...ake-along-cake

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    I use to make brownies from Duncan Hines cake mix. I think it was the butter recipe one. Now I can't remember how to make it. THe recipe was on the box for years & I guess I never saved one. I think it was 2 eggs & 1 stick of melted butter , cup of chocolate chips & 1 to 2 cups of minature marshmallows. Bake. Well I just made some & I used the regular mix & to me they don't taste good. Anybody remember.

4L
    I printed the recipe up and think you could use ANY flavor cake mix and then do the cream cheese thing on it before baking. MMMMM..I am not always ready for chocolate..I know that sounds weird but that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    Sounds really good! I hope someone can find the recipe for you. My kids love brownies! This sounds really easy and I LOVE easy. With four kids, that's about all I can do. However, my kids are older now so that's not as important as it once was. But I still love easy cause it gives me more time to do other things ...like Quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by 4L
    I printed the recipe up and think you could use ANY flavor cake mix and then do the cream cheese thing on it before baking. MMMMM..I am not always ready for chocolate..I know that sounds weird but that's just me...
    I'm with you, I tend to get Miagrains with choc. so quite often use different then the chocolate.

I make brownies from a brownie mix and 1 (15 oz) can of black beans run thru the blender liquid and all. Stir into mix and bake in greased pan. Good and higher in fiber. Yes just black beans and the brownie mix. Try it.

another great idea- a can of pumpkin and spice cake mix only. bake in muffin tins or cupcake cups. My husband wants these every morning!
    This sounds good. Are you saying don't add the eggs, oil & water as directed on the mix?

Gail

Yes,
    No eggs no oil and only the can of beans with the liquid and the brownie mix. A lot less calories and nice and moist.

I got this recipe from this Board:

1 family size Duncan Hines Fudgy Brownies
    1/2 cup Nutella spread

Mix with eggs & water as directed, adding the Nutella. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 mins. Important not to overbake these brownies.

I made these for Quilt Guild yesterday and they were a big hit

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    I make a good chocolate chip and pumpkin muffin recipe..They are great for breakfast and snacks...I will have to find it and put it on the board..I usually have a large bag of these in the pantry..I rehear and eat...

I want to share a tip that a friend passed on to me. When making brownies, line the pan with foil and spray the foil with non stick cooking spray. When they cool a little you can lift it right out of the pan. Besides not having to wash a pan, the best part is that the edges and corners are as soft as the middle of the brownies. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast