Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Canning Flats >

Canning Flats

Canning Flats

Old 07-26-2021, 02:45 AM

None to be found in Delaware either.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:50 AM

Very few jar lids around Baltimore. Tractor Supply Company had some earlier in the season.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:00 AM

Here are a few sources on-line. Looks like Amazon has them too.

https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/cl...iece-lids.html

https://www.masonjarlid.com/products...asonlid%205.26
Old 07-26-2021, 07:19 AM

Rhonda, I ordered flats from the Mason Jar Lid Company just now at a fairly normal price and free shipping! Thanks so much! Holding my breath that I don’t get a notification that they are out of stock! Thanks for the help!
Old 07-26-2021, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I made a short stop; at a different Walmart this morning there were boxes of jar rings and packages of seals. Same as the other Walmart. Seems all Walmarts in this area, central AR, have plenty.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by recycler View Post
Dang, sounds like it isn’t just a local problem. We are heading to San Francisco Thursday and will be on the lookout while there. My dil and I can lots of pickle relish, spaghetti sauce, salsa and tomato juice. The rest we freeze. We have enough jars, so I hate to buy the boxes of jars with lids when we don’t need jars. Who would have thought there would be a shortage.
Oh...you're coming to my neck of the woods! Enjoy the city. If you love dim sum, try Yank Sing, https://yanksing.com/ . Watch out though, the tab can run up fast, but it's all soooo good! Also, take in a Giants game. The stadium is awesome and they have the best record in baseball right now.

BTW, we usually have a shortage of lids by this time of the year, but fortunately, my DH found some in our local market. Did you try Walmart's online store?
Old 07-26-2021, 11:24 AM

It is interesting how different parts of the country are experiencing a shortage! I haven’t gotten a notification that my lids have shipped yet, so can’t breathe easy just yet. Tropic, thanks for the tip on Yank Sing..sounds great! I will do my best to steer us in that direction! We have 2 little granddaughters..2 years, and 10 months.. in SF, so that is where our main interest lies right now! Our son has lived there for several years, so we have seen a lot of the sights, which we love! He actually lived on “crooked street” for a few years, so we were within walking distance to downtown and the wharf. Glad it happened that way so that now we can devote our attention to the kiddies.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by recycler View Post
Rhonda, I ordered flats from the Mason Jar Lid Company just now at a fairly normal price and free shipping! Thanks so much! Holding my breath that I don’t get a notification that they are out of stock! Thanks for the help!

You are welcome! Happy to help!
Old 07-27-2021, 05:28 AM

Some folks had that issue last summer too. I tend to buy when they go on sale after the season is over so I'm ready for the next year. Think I still have enough for this season but haven't checked so thanks for the tip to go check now. I was having my kitchen remodeled during the winter last year too so didn't think about stocking up on canning supplies for this year. At least now I have all my canning equipment in one spot excluding my jars as before they were some in the kitchen, some down in the basement and the rest out in the garage. Of course now my stove decided to jump in on the bandwagon and start acting up so may not be canning or making my winter soups this year at all.

Good luck on finding flats. Think one gal went online and ordered some but they weren't going to get here till October, way too late for canning so I gave her half of what I had.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:21 AM

Suz, that’s right, last year was iffy too! I haven’t had notification of shipment yet on the ones I ordered from Mason Jar. I will definitely look for some in California this week and load up hopefully. Our tomatoes are going gangbusters, so time is awasting!
that is a bummer having your stove acting up now! What timing! I’ve heard there is a waiting period for appliances now. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon!