Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cannoli >

Cannoli

Cannoli

Old 04-01-2022, 06:09 AM

Default Cannoli

Does anyone make authentic Cannoli? I am wanting to make these and I'm not for sure what the "authentic" pastry recipe is supposed to be. I can find tons of recipes online, but some of them stray a lot
Old 04-01-2022, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Hmmm...... I'm a huge love of cannoli. I'm Italian and we used to get them every Sunday after Mass at the Italian bakery. But I'll tell you- there are so many variations to them and most of them I don't like at all. I'm always disappointed when I order one.
When we go home to NY we always go to that bakery and get some. They are fabulous.
Wish I could help but I've never made them.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:23 AM

Hi,

I don't know that I have an "authentic" cannoli recipe, like you say, and I agree, there are many out there. I have made cannolis two or three times. No matter the cream recipe you use, I found the shells to be the challenge. You have to make sure your oil is a particular temp for one and well, with dough, sometimes its hit or miss. Once you make the shells, you should not fill them until just before you are ready to serve, so they stay crisp.'

Here I used her shell recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG0aZMSwPT0

Here I used her cream recipe: https://foodfolksandfun.net/how-to-make-cannoli-cream/

The family loved them.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:44 PM

All I can think of when I read this is, "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." My favorite movie quote of all time. I have no idea how to make a good cannoli.