Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Chicken Salad--Best You Will Have Ever Eaten!!!! >

Chicken Salad--Best You Will Have Ever Eaten!!!!

Chicken Salad--Best You Will Have Ever Eaten!!!!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Power Poster

Anyone tried some good substitutes for the following?

1 Cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
1/2 Cup whipping cream (I use the whole 1/2 pint container)--when whipping I add one teaspoon powdered sugar & 1 teaspoon vanilla

I really try to avoid some of these items.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:29 PM

Annaquilts--you can use the low calorie or fat free Cool Whip if you like. Or you don't have to add the powdered sugar to the whipping cream. I just think it tastes better with it. Not sure what you can substitute for the salad dressing except use the low fat kind.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:04 PM

I made this for lunch today & it was fantastic. Use Hellmans vs Miracle Whip & left out the raw onions....Thanks
Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 PM

Can one just use whipped cream (the real stuff in the can) or Cool whip?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

Sounds yummy...Thanks....
Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM

Really quick chicken salad recipe that our family loves is simply canned white chicken breast, mayo and craisins. Just toss together with mayo to your liking. Fast and yummy!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:11 AM

I hate miracle whip (sorry!) but did make a chicken salad with grapes and pecans just three days ago and it was pretty darned good. also did not use whipped cream with sugar.. is this a very sweet chicken salad or is it evenly worked through with the addition of miracle whip and that other ingredient that one can only get in the south? curious has anyone else eaten this salad and what is your thoughts on it? its one thing to comment on what you see written its another thing to respond with your own experience eating this. curiosity makes me ask
Old 06-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I hate miracle whip (sorry!) but did make a chicken salad with grapes and pecans just three days ago and it was pretty darned good. also did not use whipped cream with sugar.. is this a very sweet chicken salad or is it evenly worked through with the addition of miracle whip and that other ingredient that one can only get in the south? curious has anyone else eaten this salad and what is your thoughts on it? its one thing to comment on what you see written its another thing to respond with your own experience eating this. curiosity makes me ask
I have a LOT of experience eating this chicken salad. I never heard of using whipped cream & sugar in it tho. And I also hate miracle whip - prefer real mayo - usually store brand on sale. It's always a big hit at church dinners. I could see using sweetened whipped cream in the salad if you left out the chicken and mayo - then you would have a fruit salad.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:17 PM

This recipe is very popular here in the Midwest for baby and bridal showers. Eliminate the nuts (never know who may be allergic) and substitute milk for the whipping cream. Generally served on croissants or mini buns. Delicious on the Hawaiian buns.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:35 AM

I've had a great chicken salad recipe that I have used for a few years similar to yours with celery, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and tarragon... but I will be trying yours this week! Thanks for posting.