Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Duritos?  Duros? >

Duritos? Duros?

Duritos? Duros?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I remermber the first time I bought them,, I had no idea what they were. I don't think there was even a sign saying how to cook them ( found mine in the product aisle in bulk form) YEARS ago.... I want to say it was a HEB or an Affliated ( thats mostly what I had available back then.
I think I just dropped mine in boiling water.... but can't remember... I"m not much a of a fryer tho.... anyway, I had a MUCH too small a pan for the amt I dropped in... they were like popcorn spilling out all over the floor!!!!!! I don't recall caring for the taste ( but then maybe because they shouldn't be boiled.. LOL) the only one that wouod eat them around my house was the DONKEY!!! she would eat anything..!!! ( except eggplant)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hemlock Tea View Post
I used to see these in a bulk barrell in the produce section, but I never see them anymore. I'll have to check the Hispanic foods aisle to see if they come prepackaged. I've always wanted to make them, but I don't like frying things. I'll have to try the microwave trick if I find some.
Yes, you can find them packaged.