Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Glass, Metal, or Non-stick Pans? >
  • Glass, Metal, or Non-stick Pans?

• Glass, Metal, or Non-stick Pans?

Old 11-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Non stick metal for everything I bake. I line them with parchment paper and cupcake papers for cupcakes. I use high end non stick pots and pans for stove top. Get the good stuff and the coating doesn't flake off and use the proper spatula, spoon, etc.
    Old 11-16-2019, 10:00 AM

My mom gave me a set of Revere Ware when I was just starting to cook. That was a looooong time ago. I still have a few pieces of it and I love it. I've tried going to Ebay to find replacements, but apparently, everyone is on to that and the prices are high. Also, you have to watch out...they started making cheaper sets later on and those aren't nearly as good as the old ones.

About 15-20 years ago, I was very fortunate to come across some Martha Stewart cookware at K-Mart, price at only $99 for the whole set. It was when she was first getting started in the cookware biz. It's super heavy and solid and still looks like new. Later, I bought my kids a set, but like the Revere Ware, it was not as good in the later versions.

Now, I've been searching for tin-lined copper pots and pans...good ones that are heavy and solid. I have one piece of Le Creuset, a dutch oven, but it's so heavy that I can hardly get it down from the shelf. I have a couple of cast iron pans that I can't live without. As for bakeware...I just love the Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch baking pans. They are on my Christmas list.

As you can see, I'm not very "matchy matchy" with my cookware.

~ C

Last edited by tropit; 11-16-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Old 11-16-2019, 01:49 PM

I use parchment paper for baking to line the bottom of the pans, cakes, brownies, biscuits, rolls, etc. I have professional aluminum trays I got from Sam's Club about 20 years ago and they work great for most baking. All other baking is Wilton. I use non-stick for top cooking mostly as it allows for less fat in the cooking. I do have stainless steel pans.