Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Help! Need Tailgate recipe for soccer games! >

Help! Need Tailgate recipe for soccer games!

Help! Need Tailgate recipe for soccer games!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 AM

For desert I used to bring PEANUT BUTTER RICE CRISPIES. Place 1cup of sugar 1cup of light karo syrup in a large pan
and bring to a boil for exactly 1 minute! ( If you do not time they will be like bricks!) Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup
of creamy peanut butter and when blended add 6 cups of rice crispies cereal. Press into a 9x13 pan. Melt !/2 package
of semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 butterscotch chips in the microwave to frost them with. This can be doubled and
done on a baking sheet with a lip/bigger pan. The girls used to request these.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Here's something that can be served hot or room temp. It's called zucchini pie but it really is like a fritta.

3 cups chopped zucchini
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup bisquick
4 eggs
1/4 c veggie oil
1/2 c grated Italian cheese
1 t garlic powder
1 T dried parsley (optional)
salt and pepper

Mix everything together, pour into a greased 10 inch pie pan and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until it's browned and firm in the center. You can use a square pan but then it's not zucchine pie, LOL! Easy go alongs are uncooked finger foods like grape tomatos, baby carrots, pepper strips and celery sticks, taste good and healthy too. You could also cook up a bunch of Italian sausage and cut it into slices and serve with little plastic forks or big toothpicks. May in Jersey

Last edited by May in Jersey; 10-03-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM

I fed the entire piccolo section of the University Of Michigan Marching Band for 4 years. They liked subs (so that they could march on the field and not get sick)...so I put the fixings out on the table and they made their own. Ham, turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, mayo, olives, buns. Stored food in a cooler. Also served veggie pizza, muffins, salsa and chips, brownies or cookies, magic cookie bars, mixed candy corn and roasted peanuts (YUM), often would bring a Halloween bucket full of small candy bars. When it got colder, I would bring homemade potato or chicken soup and keep it hot in one of those short igloo coolers. It even stayed warm until after the game. No one EVER got sick. I lived 2 1/2 hours away and always kept things hot or cold.
If you want recipes, PM me and I am willing to share--especially the potato soup. What great memories!!