Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I'm looking for

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sikeston, Missouri
    Posts
    67
    a recipe for a good potatoe soup. I love the potatoe soup from O'Charlie's but I can't find one that comes anywhere near this soup. Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Super Member mommamac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    3,110
    will this do?

    O'CHARLEYS BAKED POTATO SOUP

    Ingredients:
    3 pounds red potatoes
    1/4 cup margarine, melted
    1/4 cup flour
    8 cups half-and-half
    16 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
    White pepper, to taste
    Garlic powder, to taste
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/2 pound bacon, fried crisply
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

    Directions:

    Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.

    In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and- half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.

    Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.

    Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

    Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.

    This recipe for O'Charley's Baked Potato Soup serves/makes 10
    Source(s):
    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/52

  3. #3
    Super Member RkayD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,841
    Bonnie Hunter on QuiltVille has a Potato Soup recipe. I just ran across it the other day. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. I use http://www.recipesource.com/ You can always find good stuff on that site. =)

  4. #4
    Super Member shequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,334
    This is the one, we love it!

    Quote Originally Posted by mommamac
    will this do?

    O'CHARLEYS BAKED POTATO SOUP

    Ingredients:
    3 pounds red potatoes
    1/4 cup margarine, melted
    1/4 cup flour
    8 cups half-and-half
    16 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
    White pepper, to taste
    Garlic powder, to taste
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/2 pound bacon, fried crisply
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

    Directions:

    Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.

    In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and- half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.

    Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.

    Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

    Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.

    This recipe for O'Charley's Baked Potato Soup serves/makes 10
    Source(s):
    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/52

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    2,266
    My potato soup; 2cans-chicken broth
    potatos[I cube them]
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    8oz pk. cream cheese
    salt +pepper
    I put the cubed potatos in the broth and cook till tender,then add the cream of chicken soup,and the cream cheese[stir till cheese is melted]I put it in alittle at a time.
    TOP with chopped green onoins
    crumbled bacon[not bacon bits]
    shredded cheese [I use bag of shredded cheese[store brand]


    I always over eat this ,its so creamy and rich.better than
    O;CHARLIES

  6. #6
    Super Member OHSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by mommamac
    will this do?

    O'CHARLEYS BAKED POTATO SOUP

    Ingredients:
    3 pounds red potatoes
    1/4 cup margarine, melted
    1/4 cup flour
    8 cups half-and-half
    16 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
    White pepper, to taste
    Garlic powder, to taste
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/2 pound bacon, fried crisply
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

    Directions:

    Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.

    In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and- half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.

    Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.

    Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

    Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.

    This recipe for O'Charley's Baked Potato Soup serves/makes 10
    Source(s):
    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/52
    Oh, I will have to try this one. I do love the potato soup at O'Charleys

  7. #7
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Yum! Thank you!

  8. #8
    Senior Member pjustice63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ky/Florida
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    My potato soup; 2cans-chicken broth
    potatos[I cube them]
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    8oz pk. cream cheese
    salt +pepper
    I put the cubed potatos in the broth and cook till tender,then add the cream of chicken soup,and the cream cheese[stir till cheese is melted]I put it in alittle at a time.
    TOP with chopped green onoins
    crumbled bacon[not bacon bits]
    shredded cheese [I use bag of shredded cheese[store brand]


    I always over eat this ,its so creamy and rich.better than
    O;CHARLIES
    Sounds terrific!!!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sikeston, Missouri
    Posts
    67
    Thank you everyone that put a recipe on the board. I am going to try each and evreyone of them. Thank you very much. I knew I could count on you guys.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by RkayD
    Bonnie Hunter on QuiltVille has a Potato Soup recipe. I just ran across it the other day. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. I use http://www.recipesource.com/ You can always find good stuff on that site. =)
    I tried Bonney's. I like it even better than O'Charley's; which used to be my favorite.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by wpquilter
    a recipe for a good potatoe soup. I love the potatoe soup from O'Charlie's but I can't find one that comes anywhere near this soup. Can anyone help me?
    Try this one...everyone I have made it for loves it and I have been asked to make it for potlucks many times
    http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/two-color-soup

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    203
    Blog Entries
    9
    This is my favorite but I will be trying some posted here!! This is similar to the Olive Garden potato sausage soup.
    FYI I am not so "fussy" with the cooking instructions but this is as the recipe was given to me.

    Zuppa Tuscana
    Similar to a soup served in the Olive Garden restaurant.

    1 16 oz package mild or spicy Italian sausage links
    or bulk sausage crumbled and cooked until done. (This is what I used)
    6 slices bacon
    1 med onion chopped (about3/4 cup)
    2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
    1 Quart water (I have used chicken stock in place of water and bouillon)
    2 tablespoon chicken base or instant bouillon granules
    2 medium all purpose potatoes, cut ¼-inch-thick slices (I like more potato)
    2 cups shredded kale
    1/8 to ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) (I don’t use)
    1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

    1. In a large cooking pot or Dutch over, cook sausage over med-high heat until done. Remove from pan if using links bias-slice them into ½ inch slices: Set aside. Drain fat.

    2. In same cooking pot, fry bacon until crisp; remove; drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from pot.

    3. Add onions to same cooking pot and cook over med heat until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add water, chicken base, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
    4. Return the cooked sausage and crumbled bacon to the pot. Add kale and crushed red pepper if using. Simmer 4 minutes. Stir in cream and cook until heated through, without boiling. Serve hot

  13. #13
    Senior Member winter012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    579
    Those recipes all sound sooooo yummy!! I'm going to have to try them ALL!!! Wonder how they'd taste with the addition of broccoli??

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some where in way out West Texas
    Posts
    2,938
    Blog Entries
    3
    Have you searched on The Food Network site? They have scads of recipes.

  15. #15
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank you, love potato soup, will be trying these :D:D:D

  16. #16
    community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LOUISIANA
    Posts
    1,025
    these recipes look great..You can't beat it on a cold day..I always serve hot cornbread muffins with mine ..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.