Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: insta pot

Blog Entries

insta pot

Hello all from Paoli Indiana
    Does any one here have either the instapot or the air fryer? & what can you tell me about what you like about them.
    I can't decide which one I want or need.
    I am doing weight watchers & would like more info about them
    Thanks Cathy Antone (tumrub)
    catherine antone

Google it, I bought the Mini instapot, perfect for 2 people.

I have the Instant Pot Mini also. It's great for two people. I'm still learning how to use it but I would think it's a lot more versatile than the Air Fryer. I love the pressure cooker feature. The only downside I see is the slow cooker function isn't as good as a dedicated slow cooker. Otherwise, it's great. IMHO
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I use a regular pressure cooker. It's the new type, no plug to blow out. It's cheaper then a quality Insta Pot and will last much longer. It's much faster cooking then my DD's Insta Pot.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I bought the Farberware at Walmart for $59 and it works great and is easy to use. No need to spend so much for the Instapot.
    ​Jumpin' Judy

We got our IP on sale on Amazon and love it! It's fast and easy yet so much more versatile than a plain pressure cooker. My DH makes boiled eggs and cheesecake to die for in our IP, as well as rice, potatoes and soups and stews. All that on top of using it for regular meals and meats.
    It might be a little slower, but I don't think it would be by much. I have a regular pressure cooker also, and have not used it since getting the IP.
    No infor here on the air fryer, tho they do seem interesting.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Instant Pot 6 qt owner.........Much easier than my stove top pressure cooker to use. I'm not that experienced with it yet but love the way it does HB eggs. I did a roast that turned out perfectly tender.
    We bought a 'air fryer' and returned it. 1 out of 20 times you could get the basket to latch. I now have the copper looking basket and flat pan that fits in my Brevelle convection oven toaster thing.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

There is an online group for the Instanapot for Weight Watchers that might give you ideas for recipes which they archive.

Blog Entries
    I purchased the 6 qt. Instant Pot and an extra stainless steel cooking bowl from Amazon while on sale. I had a glass lid cover and plastic cover for the cooking bowl leftover from the Wolfgang Puck unit which landed in the trash. My goals are to provide both econimical nourishing meals and extra meal portions tucked away into the freezer. The machine is easy to use as a pressure cooker. Last week I sauteed onions and browned meat in the Instant Pot prior to using the pressure feature. Soups are easily made with either the slow cooker or pressure mode. My husband has been pleased with meat cooked directly from a frozen state. Having extra meals on hand helps us to eat healthier and on budget. That's why I purchased the additional bowl so I can batch cook and store more than one thing when the mood hits me.
    More time to sew! ;-)

I have both the air fryer and 2 instant pots and maybe by this you can tell that I really like the I Pot. Don't use the air fryer much and couldn't tell you why--it just doesn't seem to be worth the time I guess. The I Pot I use about everyday and sometimes both are running. Lots of good recipes out there just google I Pot recipes. Pinterest is another good source for recipes.

I have three Instant Pots. One 6 qt. LUX, one 6 qt. DUO and one 3 qt. Mini. We are two people. I love them. I use them all the time. Usually one, sometimes two and then again, sometimes 3 just depending. Most of my crock pot recipes work great in the Instant Pots. I like to do pot in pot and can sometimes make a meal in one pot. To me it is easier to put something in the Instant Pot than going out to eat. Mr. Stitchnripper praises the Instant Pots - it has changed our meals from blah to delish. I don't think I am interested in an Air Fryer
    Alyce

I have the mini 3 at instant pot and love the versatility and time saving ease of using it for meals.
    punterest has some great recipes .
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

I have the 6qt and it is just me. I also had a regular stove top pressure cooker but found with my smooth glass stove top, it was difficult to use. Turning down the heat it is not as fast as with gas or the coiled burners, so it was hard to get the regulator to go from fast rocking to a slow rocking. The option to move to another burner was not an option because moving a hot heavy pan with a pressure regulator rocking away....well not the safest move to make as it must be lifted not slid.
    I love the instant pot and use it for boiled eggs, steel cut oats, rice, vegetables, potatoes, meats, etc. and today is Corn Soup. The Instant Pot company has a facebook page with over a million and half members. They discuss EVERYTHING there and offer all kinds of information.
    I did purchase the Cuisinart toaster oven/air fryer that is a toaster oven, convection oven, broiler, toaster, and air fryer. I am very happy with it and it replaced my smaller toaster oven so it is more versatile than just an air fryer. Since I got it, I rarely use my big oven. If you are interested in an Air Fryer, check out this one from Cuisinart.

I love my counter top oven. It's so easy to keep shinny clean. I rarely use the regular oven in the kitchen.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Instant pot hands down! the air fryer is just a gadget and it will get put away. I use my instant pot at least once a week. More often, it sits on my counter and gets used daily...easy cooking and very easy cleanup.

Blog Entries
    I use my instapot once a week. air fryer...not bought one....I dont fry foods

Just finished banana bread in my 8qt instant pot. I was sold completely when I made Paella in it. This is normally a very high needs dish but it turned out awesome and I was not standing at the stove forever!