Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Looking for recipe >

Looking for recipe

Looking for recipe

Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Paula Fullager
You're not thinking Spaetzle Dumpling are you, which is a German dumpling?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/german-...gs/detail.aspx
When we lived in Germany our putzfrau taught me how to cut the noodle off a board. Now on th rouladen .
Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Robin57
Hi Everyone! When I was little my mothers Aunt used to come and make a kettle of Clayzels(not sure of spelling but that is how it it pronounced) They were like a heavy dumpling of some kind. She was from norway so I think it was from there. I know this is a shot in the dark but thought I would put it out there. Have a fun weekend everyone!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I think one of these may be it...I am going to be trying them out this week to see which one it is. The pics look so simular. Thanks again...I really appreciate your time in finding it for me!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Robin57
Hi Everyone! When I was little my mothers Aunt used to come and make a kettle of Clayzels(not sure of spelling but that is how it it pronounced) They were like a heavy dumpling of some kind. She was from norway so I think it was from there. I know this is a shot in the dark but thought I would put it out there. Have a fun weekend everyone!
"Clayzels' and 'Spaetzles' would sound an awful lot alike if spoken with a Norwegian accent. (First DMIL was a native)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 AM

My MIL was of German descent and she made a dumpling like this and called it "Clayce". They were a heavy, kind of chewy dumpling and after she cooked them, she put them in a skillet with melted butter. They were great! I always wished I had her recipe, so I, too, hope someone posts a recipe. She made the dumplings semi-round and about 2" in diameter and they did not have a filling.