My favorite cooking books >

My favorite cooking books

My favorite cooking books

Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 PM

Low calorie all the way
Attached Thumbnails attachment-65235.jpe   attachment-65634.jpe  
Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I love cookbooks. My favorite cookbook of all time is $1.98 CookBook by Carl Japikse. This cookbook has saved me thousands of dollars in my food budget and I learned how to cook using it. Of course food prices have changed but I still use the recipes and menus and save lots of money and we eat good food.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 AM

I probably have (NO exaggeration!) about 1,000 cookbooks and I peruse each of them at different times . To pick a favorite is like me telling someone which of my 6 kids I like the best! I like the one that I'm using right now the best, just like we like the kid who is here right now the best! Among my favs might be:

1. Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking...it's a 20 pound book with every possible recipe imaginable. It's a great book to use if I'm making something that I've never made or using ingredients I'm not really experienced in using.
2. Can't go wrong with Betty Crocker's books.
3. Taste Of Home magazine - never found a bad recipe in the magazine .
4. Specialty books like: Pies, Pies,Pies; 1001 Chocolate treats;
Bread Winners; etc.
5. I also LOVE publications of recipes by church folks; school kids; Quilting Board Forum members; Internet has billions of recipes at our fingertips, too.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Google Goddess

wow, 1,000 cookbooks
Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Google Goddess

where do you store all of your cookbooks, would love to see photos

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Feathers
I probably have (NO exaggeration!) about 1,000 cookbooks and I peruse each of them at different times . To pick a favorite is like me telling someone which of my 6 kids I like the best! I like the one that I'm using right now the best, just like we like the kid who is here right now the best! Among my favs might be:

1. Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking...it's a 20 pound book with every possible recipe imaginable. It's a great book to use if I'm making something that I've never made or using ingredients I'm not really experienced in using.
Bread Winners; etc.
5. I also LOVE publications of recipes by church folks; school kids; Quilting Board Forum members; Internet has billions of recipes at our fingertips, too.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM

I have about 8 book shelves plus I have lots of boxes! I wish I could display them like a library but not enough room. I do know where a particular book is so it takes a big of extra time but I do eventually find the book I want. Recently I've donated many of the books to our library because some I didn't use too often.

Originally Posted by craftybear
where do you store all of your cookbooks, would love to see photos

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Feathers

Bread Winners; etc.