Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a recipe for beef vegetable soup

This a recipe my sister gave me yrs. ago and the only one we use now. Matter of fact I have cooked two pots since Jan. This goes good with grill cheese sandwiches or just crackers.

Vegetable Beef Soup
    2 -sm. or 1 lg. frozen bag of mixed vegetables
    1-lg. can or bottle of the orginial V-8 juice
    2-15oz. cans diced tomatoes ( I use the Italain style)
    1-lg. or 2 sm. package of beef cubes
    Salt & Pepper to taste.
    Put mixed vegs.,canned tomatoes, V-8 juice in lg. pot. put on medium heat, take your beef cubes and in frying pan with little oil brown beef cubes, add to pot with other ingredients. Put on simmer and cook for several hrs. till beef is tender, I usually simmer mine for about 3-4 hours. If some of the beef cubes are lg. I will cut them down before frying up.
    Last edited by wantanaquilt; 02-22-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Left out about salt & pepper.

I use a recipe that is a lot like the ones above except I use a can of beef broth and beef stock in mine for a richer flavor.

I brown my seasoned cubed meat in a large heavy bottomed pan, add an onion,1/2 stalk of celery,4 cups water. Cook for about an hour and a half. Then add: 1/2 bag small carrots, diced,1 small rutabega,peeled and diced, cook 30 minutes more. Add: 4-5 potatoes, peeled and diced, 1 small head of cabbage chopped, 1 can crushed tomatoes or 4 diced romas,salt, pepper, more water as need, some beef bullion if necessary. Cook until cabbage is done....Yummy!!
    Penny aka PLS 1946

Blog Entries
    I throw everything in but the kitchen sink. wait a few hours then add the meat. its the trial and error thing for me.
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    I didn't think of the v-8 juice, now need to try that one. thanks for the recipe!
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2