Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Need treats for quilt meeting >

Need treats for quilt meeting

Need treats for quilt meeting

Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
Mini Quiche (frozen section of grocery) are really great.
I make a variety of muffins.No forks or spread needed.I freeze them and pull them out with enough time to defrost and I can enjoy the day. There are so many muffin recipes on line you can do what pleases you.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM

I recently took a dessert to a Saturday quilt group. We were discussing another one and several people told me I couldn't come unless I brought it again, so I guess they loved it. I was also told I had to share the recipe. I usually cook everything from scratch but this is a quick cheater dish. I don't know what it is called but it is delicious. 2 can crescent rolls, 2 pkg cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Spread one can crescent roll in a 13x9 pan.(spray with Pam), mix cream cheese, sugar and valilla until creamy. Spread over crescent rolls. Put other can of rolls on top. Topping: 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon mix together and spread over the top. Melt 1 stick of butter and pour ove top. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.
My poker buddies always request this.
If you want something really sinful try these. http://www.annies-eats.com/2011/09/0...ortbread-bars/. OMG are these good. If you can get Amish or Irish butter to make these they will be even better. Stir the caramel layer really good constantly or it will burn. If you don't have the fleur de sal kosher salt is a good substitute.
Kinda a pain to make but they are to die for.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:42 PM

Thanks for all the recipes and ideas....We rotate houses for an afternoon event, where the ladies can't wait to get to my buffet set up w coffee urn, ice cold min bottles of water, a teapot w steaming hot water for the sole hot tea officiando and everything is self serve and easy. Finally, I decided on tiramisu toffee dessert from http//www.com/allrecipes.com, fresh strawberries and cantaloupe. The gals raved about the dessert. Warning: it is rich but easy and easily modified.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
stuffed small tomatos - fill them with cream cheese herb kind such as rondelle? here is a pic on how to make them super pretty, cross cut on top filled layed down on green onions for decorations so cute and easy finger food pops right into your mouth! and none of your friends will have done this [ATTACH=CONFIG]407487[/ATTACH]
Beautiful - no one will want to take any!