Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Needing help...chocolate milk >

Needing help...chocolate milk

Needing help...chocolate milk

Old 09-04-2015, 12:41 PM

Default Needing help...chocolate milk

Okay, here it is...I am developing a habit of drinking....mocha (Starbucks Frapacino), chocolate milk, and more chocolate milk.
the aforementioned mocha is expensive so, does anyone have a recipe for making it at home. I saved my bottles.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Starbucks sells their mocha powder on line if that helps. Also Mr Google has a selection of recipes. Curious if anyone tried any of them and how they taste
Old 09-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Nope, no help here...I'm addicted to Tim Horton's iced capachinos. Luckily they are a warm weather treat so soon it will be too cold for them.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:28 PM

I had a summer of McDonald's chocolate chip frappes, almost every day. So I totally understand. They're not the same if you make them at home, so good luck with your search and I hope it works out for you! Have you tried just mixing the chocolate milk from the store with coffee? Just an idea
Old 09-04-2015, 09:14 PM

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Star...at-Recipe.html Todd Wilbur has been deconstructing chain restaurant food and beverage to make copy cat recipes for many years.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:26 AM

Thanks, now, I've got some options...plan on mixing store chocolate milk w coffee.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:57 AM

I have instant expresso powder. Think I will try that.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:17 AM

I've been buying the $1.80 sugar free french vanilla iced coffee at McDonald's inside Walmart and I'm an addicted to it. At home I've made sugar free instant hot chocolate mixed with a spoonful of espresso powder. It turned out ok, but it's kind of like a salad you make at home, never as good as the salad bar.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:39 AM

I have found Dunkin Donuts Iced coffee,and better than McD's!! McD's is how I got started drinking any coffee hot or cold.
Sad thing DD just recently discontinued their 99 cent Iced coffees after 3PM. If you join their DDperks program you can get 99 cent dark roast for another 30 days. earn points earn free drinks etc..
My favorite flavors: Rocky Road and Oreo.
For our Home brewed Iced coffee we start by using "cold brew" coffee extract, then we add sweetened condensed milk, our flavor syrups, then the rest we fill with skim milk.
Pioneer woman has a recipe on her site.
Glad I am not the only one who devours Iced coffee and Choc. chip frappes!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:09 AM

Cannot stand coffee, but do love hot and iced tea the way some people love their coffee, was recently in florida and went to downtown disney and found a neat tea shop, bought loose tea and a cute tall mug that has a screw on strainer where you put the loose tea and pour the hot water over it, then it has a screw on lid.