Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
no bakes >

no bakes

no bakes

Old 12-17-2013, 04:31 PM

Default no bakes

I don't have an oven right now so I'm looking for any No Bake cookies, Candy, etc. I have a microwave.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

How about the Fudge recipe on QB? The one that uses Betty Crocker icing and choc. chips. I did milk choc. icing and semi sweet choc. chips and it was delicious. So good in fact, it won me a ribbon at the fair.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 PM
yel

hard candy in different flavors and colors [aka glass candy] hay stacks.......peanut brittle ......divinity ......chocolate /white covered pretzels
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Lots of different kinds of truffle recipes available. My grandmother made peanut butter bon bons (aka buckeyes; they;re like a truffle.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:26 PM
BCM

Google "No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies." Peanut butter also an ingredient. Sorry, I'm not at home to refer to my cookbook for all ingredients and directions. These are quick, easy and good.

Enjoy! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

google 'white trash' I love it. made in the micro,
pretzles, cereal m&m's, any thing you have laying around in white chocolate.
also melt choc. add some sea or kosher salt, it's the best.

for years, I lived with a microwave and toasteroven, made cakes, lasagna turkey everything in there.
melt choc over cashews, super yummo
Old 12-18-2013, 04:06 AM

[h=1]Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies[/h]

<form name="email-a-friend" action="/app/emailservice2/sendEmail.json" method="post"><fieldset class="sm-field">

</fieldset><fieldset class="lg-field">
</fieldset><input name="subject" type="hidden" value="Check Out This Page on FoodNetwork.com"></form>

<dl class="dd-list"><dd class="timer-details">Ingredients

</dd></dl>
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper
[h=2]Directions[/h] In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:12 AM

Candied Cookes - (Chocolate No-Bake Cookies ) 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1 stick butter, 4 Tablespoons cocoa, dash salt. 2 1/2 cups quick oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring, 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional). Cook sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a rolling boil (can't be stirred down) and then time for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from heat, add peanut butter and then oats and vanilla. Beat until mixture is well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool; serve. Yield 36 cookies.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:24 AM

My daughter makes this: 1 part ready to use vanilla frosting 1 part smooth peanut butter and 1.5 parts powdered sugar. Mix well. Will be stiff. Roll into bite-size balls. Can be dipped in chocolate. She usually starts with less sugar and adds until stiff enough to hold shape. Might not sound good but it really is good and less risky than getting fudge to set up correctly.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM

There is a wonderful chocolate-covered peanut recipe which is made in a slow cooker and the results are a huge number of choc covered peanut and they are better than store-bought.