Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Over 6,000 Rated Recipes at this site >

Over 6,000 Rated Recipes at this site

Over 6,000 Rated Recipes at this site

Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Here's a link with over 6,000 categorized recipes rated for sodium, carbs, fat and calories
http://www.aldimeals.com/home/find
Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM

The recipes are great, but the stores are full of savings. We have eight Aldis in our area and the prices are unreal. You have to bring your own bags and put a quarter in the slot to get a shopping cart, but the savings are worth it (You get your quarter back when you return the cart. I guess it saves them money not having to roam the parking lot to retrieve the carts.). You probably won't recognize most of the brands, but I've never gotten anything there that wasn't quality. If you have one in your area and you haven't checked them out, it's worth it.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM

It certainly is great shopping. I buy almost everything we eat there plus every now and then I've bought small kitchen appliances that have been great and less expensive than elsewhere.

This past week I bought huge red grapefruits for 25 cents each. The same day, grapefruits were 98 cents marked down from $1.24 each at Walmart.

Two summers ago, I bought blueberries @ 99 cents a pint. I bought 2 cases of 24 pints each and froze them. I have never seen them anywhere else for less than $3 for a pint....that may even be $3 for a 1/2 pint.

Their frozen chicken breasts and Tilapia are excellent, too.

A year ago before Super Bowl Sunday, they had avacados 3 for $1. Grapes are always 2 lbs. for $2.98....and of course, there's big savings on milk, cheese and bread.

I honestly believe I could feed myself for $1 a day (buying from there) and be healthier for it.

I LOVE BARGAINS ! :D
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM

Thank you for the link. I love Aldi!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM

Thank you for the site. Haven't had time to spend much time purusing but will later this evening. Saw a bread recipe and an Appitizer recipe I might make for this week end.