in food processor:
1 egg
1 banana
1/3 Cup almond flour
1/4 Cup Sugar or Splenda

(I also add 1 tablespoon cocoa!)
350 degrees for 15 minutes
Old 08-08-2021, 05:23 AM

Our 9-month old grandsons were here last week, and I made these. The boys can't have dairy or soy, so some things are challenging! These are not "real" pancakes, so if you want real fluffy, big pancakes to pour syrup over, this isn't it. They are, however, very healthy and have lots of protein. I rarely read through the whole post, just getting to the recipe, but in this case, it will be helpful bc of the cooking tips as they can be bit tricky. I used a nonstick skillet, wiped with a bit of vegetable oil, and small amounts of batter to make silver dollar size pancakes. When the bottom is set (you won't see the usual bubbles on the top), slip a thin spatula under. It will kind of stick and make flipping easier. The banana makes them sweet, so you really don't need syrup. Some berries would be a nice side or topping. https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/2-in...nana-pancakes/
Old 08-09-2021, 07:01 PM

I know a family that mashes them with a little brown sugar to taste to make a spread for pancakes. Never tasted it myself.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I know a family that mashes them with a little brown sugar to taste to make a spread for pancakes. Never tasted it myself.
Nice idea! No clean up required.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:57 AM

Tropit, thank you for that mouth-watering recipe. I'm going to try it today.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Our 9-month old grandsons were here last week, and I made these. The boys can't have dairy or soy, so some things are challenging! These are not "real" pancakes, so if you want real fluffy, big pancakes to pour syrup over, this isn't it. They are, however, very healthy and have lots of protein. I rarely read through the whole post, just getting to the recipe, but in this case, it will be helpful bc of the cooking tips as they can be bit tricky. I used a nonstick skillet, wiped with a bit of vegetable oil, and small amounts of batter to make silver dollar size pancakes. When the bottom is set (you won't see the usual bubbles on the top), slip a thin spatula under. It will kind of stick and make flipping easier. The banana makes them sweet, so you really don't need syrup. Some berries would be a nice side or topping. https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/2-in...nana-pancakes/
Wow, those sound delicious! I love French Toast & this sounds similar. I've got to try these!