Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes >

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Old 08-20-2023, 04:33 AM

Everyone, I made my Pineapple Upside Down cupcakes yesterday and here's how they turned out. 1st off I used my oversized cupcake pans so the pineapple slices fit perfectly without having to cut them down. Lucky me!!! These pans have 6 cupcake slots each so I used 2 pans. Problem is the pineapple can only gives you 10 slices of pineapples. At least the juice came out a perfect 1 cup which is what I needed. So I filled only 10 slots plus 1 for any extra batter.

I tried the method of just adding 1TB of melted butter in each, 2TB of brown sugar and patted it down, 1 cherry and 1 slice of pineapple. I mixed the batter using the pineapple juice as instructed. Poured enough batter to just 1/4" from the top. I had enough batter left over so I added the butter/brown sugar and a cherry only and the last of the batter. Once baked I cooled it on rakes for the 10 minutes as required but think I could have just done it for 5 minutes. I flipped the pans over and had to drop them onto the cookie sheet a couple times to get them to drop down. Here's the problem. The brown sugar/butter was still in the pan so reason to wait only 5 minutes next time. So I scrapped what I could of the butter/brown sugar and added it to the top of the cupcake. I put each cupcake into a paper cupcake holder then. The one cupcake without the pineapple I'm keeping for myself as it will still taste good. Oh yes, the cupcakes that raised in the center, I cut off and ate. Can't waste it can I? This way they would sit in the paper cupcake holders better.

I took 4 over to y new neighbors behind me as they don't bake much..............both men. The rest I'll be taking to my sister's for dessert today. My desserts get cut in half whatever they may be and the other half gets taken over to another couple so I don't have to take it home and eat it.

To all that gave suggestions and websites to view, thank you. This was an experience I'll repeat in the future.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:26 PM

It sounds like your cupcakes were a success! Yay!!!

I'm sorry to hear the story about your cake stand. I've done stuff like that before. You hear that cracking sound and augh!!!

Anyway, your cupcakes sound yummy!
Old 08-20-2023, 02:03 PM

Update on the cupcakes. My sister decided to see if putting the cupcakes under the broiler would melt the brown sugar enough without hurting the cupcake part............It did, they tasted great and the brown sugar ran over the top of the cake as it should have. Think I might have added too much brown sugar but we found a remedy when things like that happens. We ran it under the broiler for only 3-4 minutes then waited till the cupcake cooled a bit before heating it. It tasted great so this recipe will be a keeper at my house.