Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   "3-2-1" (cake for one or more.......) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/3-2-1-cake-one-more-t219851.html)

Mom3 04-23-2013 09:53 PM

"3-2-1" (cake for one or more.......)

So simple - even a 4 yr. old can make this:

Take two dry cake mixes (one MUST be angel food, the other can be a chocolate or any other flavor cake mix you like)

In a mixing bowl, dump the two dry mixes into the same bowl. Mix the dry cake mixes together.

Put the two, mixed, dry cake mixes in a ziploc bag.

Now, when you need a little sweet 'kick':

Put the following in a microwave proof coffee cup:

3 tablespoons of the mixed cake mixes

2 tablespoons water

mix together the ingredients in your coffee cup

Place the cup in the microwave for 1 minute.

When done, you can either eat like it is or add a bit of frosting.

I take the dry, mixed cake mixes on camping trips. Works out great for hubby and I for a quick dessert and the grandkids like making their own "cake". :)

Steady Stiching 04-24-2013 04:43 AM

Thanks for sharg this. This is great.....I'm planning a trip and am looking for exactly this sort of recipe...I found one on facebook this week using:
One box Angel food cake
One 20 oz. can of crushed pinapple with juice.
Mix and it will begin to foam, put in greased pan and bake at 350 till done.
I have bought ingrediants and plan a test run this week.

I like the idea of yours because you can make a smaller amount.

lclang 04-24-2013 04:44 AM

Slick trick! We can't eat a whole cake for just the two of us, so I will try this and we can have a little treat whenever we want and no stale cake to throw out! Thanks for posting!

jimsjunque 04-24-2013 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mom3 (Post 6022435)
So simple - even a 4 yr. old can make this:

Take two dry cake mixes (one MUST be angel food, the other can be a chocolate or any other flavor cake mix you like)

In a mixing bowl, dump the two dry mixes into the same bowl. Mix the dry cake mixes together.

Put the two, mixed, dry cake mixes in a ziploc bag.

Now, when you need a little sweet 'kick':

Put the following in a microwave proof coffee cup:

3 tablespoons of the mixed cake mixes

2 tablespoons water

mix together the ingredients in your coffee cup

Place the cup in the microwave for 1 minute.

When done, you can either eat like it is or add a bit of frosting.

I take the dry, mixed cake mixes on camping trips. Works out great for hubby and I for a quick dessert and the grandkids like making their own "cake". :)

My friend made this treat for my husband while we were visiting. She added about 6 frozen blueberries. Delious!!!!

Daisy Dew 04-24-2013 05:06 AM

Thanks a heaping tablespoon full! DH love his sweets and we love RVing so the 2 will go together. and BTW I have used the angel food / pineapple for years its a winner too.

solstice3 04-24-2013 06:20 AM

gotta try it!!!

JBeamer 04-24-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by lclang (Post 6022746)
Slick trick! We can't eat a whole cake for just the two of us, so I will try this and we can have a little treat whenever we want and no stale cake to throw out! Thanks for posting!

You both are much better that my hubby and I. We ate the whole cake stale or not; it still taste good. LOL

craftynell 04-24-2013 10:45 AM

Thanks a bunch. I'm making it tonight. My husband thinks he needs desert every night.

nanacc 04-24-2013 01:22 PM

The last time I made the angel food and pineapple cake, I added a package of rasberry jello. You could use any flavor, I guess but this turned out great.

quilt1950 04-24-2013 01:36 PM

Thanks. My birthday was recently, and DH made a cake in a 9x13 cake. Much as I love cake, I was ready to be done with it! This makes so much more sense!