Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Air fryer advice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/air-fryer-advice-t311597.html)

SunQuilts 07-01-2020 04:17 PM

Air fryer advice

I am considering the purchase of an air fryer. If you own one, will you share your thoughts? Brand, ease of use (and cleaning!), cooking results, etc. Best size for two adults. TIA

leaha 07-01-2020 05:41 PM

I have a ninja, and I love it! I cook for myself, I cook two meals at a time, one for now and next day, I pour off grease and run hot water into basket add a dash of dawn and after I eat it is ready to dump wash water and rinse

ScubaK 07-01-2020 06:02 PM

We started with a basket type and it was amazing...but then saw this one on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-V...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It is amazing. I can dehydrate, do fries in the basket, rotisserie a chicken. I love them. The best asparagus. Salmon pattys, bacon, Oh My!!!

Kirsten

toverly 07-02-2020 02:28 AM

We have the Power Air Fryer Pro. One of the ones on the infomercial. Love it, worth every penny. I would recommend getting one that has racks instead of a basket. We are a family of 3 and it's perfect for a meal. The only thing I would do different it get the larger one. DH likes to use the rotisserie and it's hard to find a chicken that small to roast. When this one decides to stop. I'll probably look into Emeril's. It looks great too and looks like a larger toaster oven.

QuiltnNan 07-02-2020 03:26 AM

My friend has had the Emeril one for a couple of weeks. She loves it and says it does the fries really well.

juliasb 07-02-2020 06:50 AM

I just went to look and see if I could find the brand name on mine. My SIL got it for me for Christmas several years ago and I use it frequently. I believe she purchased it via QVC. It is the best for fish IMHO. I love the flavors I get when using it . Great for simple fare or more elaborate fare. I can adapt just about any baked or fried meal to the Air Fryer. It is easy to clean and I can store it away easily. I don't leave it out on my counter top. I am sure you will love it. My daughter has one and her teen age son uses it everyday for french fries or other hot snacks.

SunQuilts 07-02-2020 07:22 AM

This is so helpful. I am not sure we would use all the features on some of the ones mentioned. I think we would use one of the simpler ones more. But I am looking at all of the recommendations. So please do keep them coming. Juliasb, if you find the brand, please let us know? Thanks

Rob The HOAQ 07-02-2020 08:39 AM

After my bypass we started looking for something that would allow me to fry foods but use less oil. We found the Power AirFryer XL at Sam's. It gets used all the time, and especially does french fries very well. I love country fried steak, but couldn't seem to get it to come out the way it does when frying in oil. Finally ended up preheating the thing for 10 minutes and then using a spray botle to put olive oil on the breaded meat and lo and behold it turned out exactly the same as if it had been fried in oil. For those of us trying to watch what we eat, they are fantastic.

Onebyone 07-02-2020 09:49 AM

I have had the Ninja, it lasted about a year and then died. My friends all have different brands so I got their pros and cons. I bought a Faberware manual control with basket. Serves 2-3. The reviews were great. It is very quiet and heats hotter faster then the Ninja and has a better fan. It was on sale at Walmart for $60 and I bought another one to have when this one goes out. We love it. I wrap sandwiches in foil and in a few minutes I have hot melt sandwiches with toasted bread. DH said the pork chops cooked in it is the best he has had. The grands love chicken nuggets and 5 min from frozen to crispy. This size is great for DH and me. It doesn't take up much room on the countertop and easy to clean the basket insert.

Onebyone 07-02-2020 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My spare air fryer.