Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Bread Machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/bread-machine-t178053.html)

kinigenie 02-04-2012 07:04 AM

Love mine...use it alot! Great for potato bread, Italian bread...lots of wonderful recipes...look on google for them!

DogHouseMom 02-04-2012 07:30 AM

I have one and love it. It's called a "Bread Box" and I have no idea who makes it. It was given to me by a friend who didn't want it.

There is only one thing I don't like about it. My favorite bread is a crusty bread (French baguette, sour dough loaf, italian loaf - etc) and I don't think there is a bread machine in the world that can make a crust like that. SO ... I use the machine to make the dough (I can't make dough, I knead the bread too hard and it doesn't rise properly), then I reshape it and bake it properly so it gets a nice crust on it. My machine has a setting for making dough only.

lonestardreams 02-04-2012 08:09 AM

I have one- my second machine. We used the first one until it just quit and I bought another. I used it a lot until I found a recipe for beer bread that is so easy to make. Now I usually make the beer bread when I make bread. We love it and we have a baked loaf more quickly. I still have the bread maker though. I loved the recipes that used some cake mix for a sweet bread and also loved making italian bread.

Good luck. I usually use Amazon to find recommendations.

DJ 02-04-2012 08:16 AM

Greetings!

I use my bread baker sporadically to make rye rolls. My tip would be to check Goodwill for one. See if you like it and use it.

tenngal 02-04-2012 08:47 AM

I have had several - different brands -- and have never gotten a decent loaf from one. I must be the only one.

Goatmom 02-04-2012 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=PJisChaos;4940768] I now use it several times a week, mainly for garlic bread and super buttery, flaky, cresent roll dough.

Good Morning,
Would you share the recipes for these? I have a bread machine which I haven't used in a long time. I make sourdough bread 3-4 times a month.

Thanks,
Jennifer

athomenow 02-04-2012 10:13 AM

I have a Welbilt that I bought at the GW for $9 and it was brand new in the box. I see them all the time at the thrift stores so someone doesn't like them. I use mine at least once a week and bake sourdough bread in it. It lasts us for several days and doesn't get hard. You have to do things a little different than what the booklet tells you. If you want a really good recipe for sourdough I will PM it to you. We never buy bread, haven't for about 8 or 9 months so it definitely will save you money. I see the newer ones make a loaf style bread that gives you smaller slices. I might try that one next. I think it is Westbend that I saw.

BettyM 02-04-2012 11:17 AM

I have a zojurishi (sp?) that we bought several years ago. I use it nearly every other day and bake all the bread that we use. It can be programmed for different recipes, and it does really well for the recipe that I use. I mill my own flour, so I programmed the machine for this heavier flour. The machine is a workhorse and I would definitely buy this brand again. It makes a horizontal loaf that gives you sandwich size slices - they'll fit in the sandwich bags! When we got it I thought I would bake occasionally so we could have fresh homemade bread. But we don't buy any bread at all. Our 2 sons that were still at home at the time don't want any other bread!

carolynjo 02-04-2012 02:26 PM

I have a Sunbeam that I have had for 15 years. I use it for dough, only. I have about 3 recipes I use regularly, but in the winter only. It's too hot to bake in the summer. I make regular white, part whole wheat and seeded bread. It is all good. My one pound loaf doesn't last long around here, even though we are just 2.

SueDor 02-04-2012 02:34 PM

When the loaf came out good it was great, but I made a lot of hockey pucks years ago and I also ained weight. Its all about the yeast.