Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Carried Away with Goodies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/carried-away-goodies-t258134.html)

JuanitaBean 12-13-2014 08:28 PM

Yes! what is a mama kat cookie? Sound like something I would like to try. Will you share your recipe. Please

Iraxy 12-14-2014 01:16 PM

I will be making biscotti and oatmeal raisin cookies (because I have been craving good oatmeal cookies).

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-14-2014 01:57 PM

I am a baking lunatic. I can't stop. I need an intervention.
I have triple batches of:
pina colada cookies
margarita cookies
chocolate chip cookies
spice cookies
peanut butter cookies
snickerdoodle cookies
orange sugar cookies
maple sugar cookies
chocolate crinkles
double fudge with white chip cookies
and oatmeal butterscotch cookies

I'm sure I will still make fudge and ranger cookies.

farmquilter 12-14-2014 04:15 PM

Today my 2 GD's came to frost the sugar cookies I make for them, special shapes they always request. They are in 10th grade and 2nd year in college. Gave them fudge and memory CC cookies I always made for their Dad. Also made fresh caramel corn for oldest and baked peanut butter Kiss cookies in mini muffin pans with foil liners. I was told cookie frosting days must go on forever, it has become a tradition for them.
Everything is out the door and am so pleased about that, just me now and I don't eat those things anymore.

Caswews 12-14-2014 08:08 PM

Our family is down to just Hubs, me, dog and foster cat. The grands go to my daughter's inlaws house for every holiday as they feel (the inlaws) are the only ones who should see the kids for the holidays (WHAT??) One day the granddaughters will grow up and ask why they cannot go to our house for holidays. We tell them there is no sense in fighting over it as I/we can go see them any time we feel like it (don't need a holiday!). Which is what my granddaughters LOVE about us and so look forward to our visits !

The other daughter lives 4 hours away and also visits the inlaws (very begrudingly !)..

So small batches of goodies ! Probably a small Christmas dinner as well !

GeeGee 12-14-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7006260)
This week I made my annual 12x15 pan of Baklava. I have been making it for about 30 years. I love sharing it with others since it make wayyyy too much for just the two of us.

Would you please share your recipe for Baklava? I have never made it but would love to give it a try. Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Krisb 12-14-2014 10:07 PM

This year, it will be

snickerdoodles
oatmeal raisin for DH
finnish christmas tarts
peanut butter kiss cookies
spritz
potica
shortbread
rosettes
cardamom biscuit

slbram17 12-20-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7006009)
This year we agreed to scale way down Sunday my oldest is coming over and we will be making
6 batches of fudges each batch makes just over 5 pounds of candy :-0
3 batches of haystacks probably another 7 pounds total weight
and 300+ mama Kat cookies.

We are not making:
peanut butter cups
chocolate turtles
trail mix clusters
sugar cookies
snickerdoodes
fruit cake
or
divinity (this one because my recipe is missing)

What is your recipe for fudge? And what are mama Kat cookies?

mountain-moma 12-21-2014 02:11 AM

Nanacc,Would you Please share your recipe for Soft Ginger Cookies with me ,,,I thank you in advance Merry Christmas